PDA

View Full Version : Crazeeee Commute

achtung its helga !
16th Nov 2005, 07:25
Hi, Am living in the middle east (husband works for an airline) and commuting to Frankfurt for work for another airline!!
Any one else out there with crazy commutes ?

lexxity
16th Nov 2005, 13:09
Yep sure do, there's a CC member at my airline lives in South Africa. I work for a British airline!:eek:

flyblue
16th Nov 2005, 19:03
Personally I commute from a place at 1 hour of flight from CDG, but I know or have worked with collegues who commute from Barcelona, Berlin, Munich, Amsterdam, Rome, Athens, New York, Los Angeles, Ottawa, Halifax, Toronto, Houston, and many more.

A300Man-2005
17th Nov 2005, 07:58
I commute every day from Sharjah to Jumeirah on the Emirates Road. That takes just as long as commuting to Frankfurt, Helga darling!!;)

You will know what I am talking about..........

Rabid Dog
19th Nov 2005, 03:36
How about Brunswick St/Sydney rd., to Bell st., to Tullamarine freeway, in peak hour?

Heatseeker
20th Nov 2005, 09:38
Yeah, try the M5 to Sydney airport at 5.10 a.m.

100 kms of tail lights.

H :{

sixmilehighclub
20th Nov 2005, 12:29
Theres a BA Captain I hear commutes from Sydney to London.

He must be really bored by the time he gets on the flight he is operating!!

:bored:

The African Dude
20th Nov 2005, 13:58
Don't want to hijack the thread, but if there's anyone who can tell me how they manage it cheaply / so that they know for sure when they need to leave home to be at work on the other side of the world etc. then I'd be interested....

flapsforty
20th Nov 2005, 15:19
Dude the price depends on the fare structure the airline uses for its staff travel ticket + airport taxes. ( I pay about €100=£70GB per return ticket for my 2 hour flight time commute)

As to knowing for sure; you never do.
:uhoh:
I leave home the morning of the day before I have to work, so I have at least 5 chances to get to base in time. I know 3 pilots who also live here but who leave on the day itself and chance it.
I guess it all depends on the strength of your nerves and your seniority in the staff tavel pecking order. ;)