PDA

View Full Version : JAR approved ME-Pilot aqu. in OZ

Thallus
15th Nov 2005, 23:57
Hey Guys,

I am a german ICAO CPL/ IR licence holder (single engine piston)...would like to upgrade it while over here in your beautifull (spelling???) country to a ME-Pilot since the jobs are more likely to roll in with that...

The LBA (CASA like office dickheads in germany) told me they would only acknowledge an oz ME-Pilot if regarding to JAR I have have flown 100!!! hrs in that class...

this head fcuk seriously takes the fun out of the reasonable charter prizes over here...

so I basically have 2 questions:
1. anyone knows a way around that as in my opinion a ME is a ME no matter where u do your 10hrs of training...

2. anybody knows a JAR approved school around Melbourne or Syd as I am based there atm.

thx in advance...

schools can contact me directly!!

PM or Thallus"at"gmx.de

DeltaT
16th Nov 2005, 01:38
BAE systems in Auz if they are still going, not sure.
CTC in Hamilton New Zealand.

Thallus
16th Nov 2005, 08:00
cant find bae systems... any other proposals??

DBLE
16th Nov 2005, 12:13
The only JAA approval in Oz to my knowledge is the Western Australian Aviation College. Check out www.waaviationcollege.com.au (http://www.waaviationcollege.com.au) , they offer conversion of JAA to CASA and CASA to JAA.

Boomerang
17th Nov 2005, 06:33
How about doing the endorsement only again in Germany? That way you have the rating with the hours. That's all a reasonable employer hoping to employ you on that type would be likely to care about. As far as "in country" experience goes, that can be done on any type I guess.

Otherwise it might be hard. Since converting to JAR (the stricter version of ICAO :) ) I have numerous ME piston ratings on my ICAO licence that I haven't bothered to convert to my JAR licence. Reason being that prospective employers are satisfied that I have the experience (hours flown on those types). They don't need the rating to be valid on my new licence as I will not be flying these types again for them.

Good luck

Thallus
18th Nov 2005, 00:05
@boomerag
thx for your reply!

i got an australian ppl licence as well and as i am over here for a longer vacation why not get the ME on a cheap way if u pay in germany around 4K-5K Euros!!

but you are right...the only thing that matters in the end is hrs hrs hrs...

will contact this aviations college...

thx for helping again! really like this forum!!
:O

Ejector
18th Nov 2005, 08:55
Does wa aviation college have approved courses yet for folks with ICAO ATPL's to convert to a JAR?
Is there computer testing facility up and running yet?

I say good on them if it works out.

e:ok: