PDA

View Full Version : Amalgamating C130 Sqn's

DET1
15th Nov 2005, 20:51
would there be any benefit to reducing the number of C130 sqn's to 2. 1 x 'J' and 1 x 'K'. 1 x Sqn Cdr each and 2 x Flt Cdr's each. One flight to be Strategic and one to be Tactical Apart from the saving of 2 Wg Cdr's would there be any other benefits.

SubdiFuge
15th Nov 2005, 21:00
Don't see why both couldn't do tactical stuff - after all, what is so bloody difficult about being a route queen?

juliet
15th Nov 2005, 21:22
lots of issues with the idea. how about to start with the loss of promotion prospects. you could probably get by with still having one WGCDR and 4 execs on each sqn. however, you now have the same number of people with only half the number of exec positions. where is the incentive to work hard if there is now even less chance of getting picked up. this applies to the nco's as well of course in the same way as officers. this is only one small problem with the idea of combining the j/k sqns into one j and one k.

Tonkenna
15th Nov 2005, 21:34
Well, its just happened with the VC10 Sqns so I don't see why it couldn't happen to the C130 Sqns to be honest. I guess there are similar numbers of people involved.

Tonks:hmm:

santiago15
15th Nov 2005, 21:44
Det 1,

Tell me you're a Sqn Ldr looking for a bright idea to get yourself promoted - or a bored holding officer looking for a bite. Our once-proud air force has taken enough cuts hasn't it?

S15

monkeybumhead
16th Nov 2005, 12:31
At least the ground crew will have a squadron identity and feel loved by the air crew.
Now where's that gems paperwork?

force_ale
16th Nov 2005, 14:39
Lets face it. It would be the LEAN thing to do. Why should the groundcrew have all the fun with bright new ideas?

Art Field
16th Nov 2005, 14:58
Why does the promotion chance have to remain the same in a shrinking Air Force, is not one of its problems people with more ambition than ability doing what they believe to be the promotable thing but mainly making life difficult for those that get on with the task ?. Surely now is the time to reassess the promotion process in an effort to bring the real leaders to the fore.

oldfella
16th Nov 2005, 15:17
The original post hit the nail on the head - less Wg Cdr and Sqn Ldr posts. That would probably be seen as a bad thing by the system. On a practical note though, one set of execs would probably have problems keeping up with ACRs.

Kengineer-130
16th Nov 2005, 20:53
I recon,
All the aircraft types and all stations should amalgamate into one. That way, we would only need 1 gp capt, a few pilots, and a handful of those pesky moaning tecchies, and think of the savings, just one station to run. Now, where do they keep those gems forms?........................................

500days2do
17th Nov 2005, 17:41
Now there is a great idea....one k sqn,one j sqn.....get rid of the inter wing bitching....streamline the unit,one sqn boss,execs to include sengo,it would show the 'leaned' techies we mean business.Just one problem...how do you tell a load of expensive aged idle aircrew that its time for the knackers yard.....mmm let me see...

5d2d