PDA

View Full Version : Eurocopter 130 Las Vegas

Trevor KC
15th Nov 2005, 18:18
Hi All

Just returned from a week's trip to Las Vegas (well you gotta have a look haven't you!)

On the last night went for a trip up and down the strip with Maverick helicopters in a EC 130. I must admit pretty impressive bit of kit - the pilot was french - I think!

Now I had assumed that the aircraft would be twin-engined to enable it to fly over a built up area, however after doing my research when I got home I see that the EC 130 is a single engine machine.

So therefore is the law different in the US regarding flight over built up areas in single engine helicopters as opposed to the UK?

As I said earlier, impressive machine, start up was a doddle and the "glass" panel was particularly impressive at night.

Heliport
15th Nov 2005, 23:43
Many people think the FAA takes a more sensible view of many things than the CAA.

B Sousa
16th Nov 2005, 08:09
Can you believe they even trust us at night with one engine..........Maybe even IFR. Someday maybe the UK will find out its possible.

velboy
16th Nov 2005, 13:56
I flew around downtown Atlanta in a R22 buzzing the Georgia Dome and Turner field and through grady's curve for those that know.

Got some awesome pics.

It just crazy you can fly anywhere you want US. I loved it.

I even flew at night in the little peanut

B Sousa
16th Nov 2005, 14:15
Lets not go that far.. Sometimes prior permission is required..

Windy Pants
16th Nov 2005, 14:25

Try flying over Area 51 :cool: doesn't matter how many engines you've got, even birds get shot down ;)

velboy
16th Nov 2005, 17:51
alright within limits but there wide open limits in comparision to the UK

delta3
17th Nov 2005, 19:37
I remember flying low level over Rodeo drive, Holywood in an R44. Could hardly believe this was allowed...
Don't try this in Europe, it could be very expensive...

d3