PDA

View Full Version : Jetconnect Recruiting Again

I Just Want To Fly
15th Nov 2005, 08:49
Hi guys,

Just got an email fron Jetconnect asking me if I was still interested in attending a recruitment day in AKL...

Anyone heard if they are recruiting long-haul again?

Can anyone who went to the last recruitment give me an idea of what the day was like...

Thanks in advance...

flygirlnz
15th Nov 2005, 20:29
I was not aware that Jetconnect did LH.

My understanding they only did across the Tasman and NZ domestic routes.

Even then I heard they were down sizing due to Jetstar beginning the "cross the ditch" soon.

Have you heard anything other than that?

I Just Want To Fly
16th Nov 2005, 08:09
Dear Applicant

We are planning to conduct another Assessment Day for recruitment of Longhaul Flight Atendants for Jetconnect Limited, a wholly owned subsidiary of Qantas Airways.

We noticed you were unable to attend the previous Assessment Day held last month and would like to give you another opportunity to attend the next Assessment Day. If your situation has changed and you no longer wish to be registered on our website please take the time to delete your details to ensure you do not receive correspondence from us.

If you are still interested in being contacted for the next Assessment Day, please send an email by 30 November 2005.

To delete your account, login using the above details and select the Delete My Account link or use the navigation menu under the logo, select Tools / My Account. Click on the Delete me from this one site link.

Kind regards

The Jetconnect Recruitment Team

I Just Want To Fly
21st Nov 2005, 06:13
Thank you so much for the info! Looking forward to giving it a go!

I Just Want To Fly
6th Dec 2005, 08:49
Going to the interview next week. $800 for flights and hotel! Ouch!:ooh:

Let's hope it pays off!

Ozzy747
8th Dec 2005, 04:40
hey guys!!!!

hows it going???

has anyone heard back from jetconnect after the medicals???

and good luck ,just want to fly...!!! wish you all the best next week ! im sure youll do fine

leane7- check your PMs

cheers!
OZZY747

rescue 1
12th Dec 2005, 05:12
They're not Virgin!

They look for people that have personality, a focus on looking after the people who pay the wages (the customer), and keen for a good laugh.

I saw once on the Oprah show - preperation + persistance = Luck

Do that and you'll be great!

SkySista
12th Dec 2005, 06:26
Good luck, IJWF & Leane7!!! :D

Hope you get you $800 back in staff travel later.... ;) :p

I Just Want To Fly
14th Dec 2005, 08:38
Well another interview done and dusted with me coming back on my flight with a sad look on my flight. :( And to make matters worse my crew were Jetconnect!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh Well!!!

If at first your don't succeed, try and try again.

If at fifth you don't succeed???????????:{

Chocks Away
14th Dec 2005, 08:50
Not to worry... give this (http://www.rex.com.au/Jobs/JobDetail.aspx?jid=4) a go for now.

wa.man
14th Dec 2005, 09:50
So sorry JWTF, a friend of mine got into QF on his 8th application so dont give up. Try National Jet System, they are recruiting at the moment.. Keep smiling!!

I Just Want To Fly
15th Dec 2005, 09:11
With QF recruiting once every few years, it'll be another 16 years before they finally get sick of me and give me a job!

wrxsubby
21st Dec 2005, 02:21
Heya Leane,

where you from the interviews that happend in October or were you part of the December interviews, I just had my panel interview on saturday, myslef along with the other people being interviewed were told we wud find out in Jan.

Hey well done though aye, congratulations you must be very excited.

ian777
24th Dec 2005, 18:13
Hi Guys, Had a interview with Qantas long haul Auck base and waiting to find out now. Medicals and checks have been done, just waiting to hear back now.

Hope everyone had a wonderfull christmas, and wishing you all the very best for the new year.

Leane congrats on your new position with Qantas Long Haul.

Ozzy747
25th Dec 2005, 02:48
hello ian777,

when did you do your medical?????

australian boy
25th Dec 2005, 10:22
HEY LEANE CHECK UR PMS:O

wrxsubby
25th Dec 2005, 21:35
Heya Leane, Thanks for the gud luck! and to everyone hope you had a awesome christmas and hope you have a great new year.
Come Jan i hope the news is all gud, that wud be a great way to start the new year.
Ian 777 wen did you have your Interview?
Oh and leane7 NZ isnt that bad, we don't bit, im sure u'll love it!

Ozzy747
27th Dec 2005, 04:21
wrxsubby, check your PM's

ian777
28th Dec 2005, 05:04
Well still waiting to find out, did my medical and security checks and just waiting now. I have friends who start in Jan. And did my interview in October.

Leane were are you from? Aussie? All the best

DXBOZBOI
30th Dec 2005, 06:14
Hey there and good luck to all,

wher do u apply for Jetconnect?

wrxsubby
30th Dec 2005, 07:14
heya dxbozboi,

thanks for the gud luck mate.

www.jetconnectrecruit.co.nz is the website that you can apply to.

are you NZ or AU?

Ozzy747
2nd Jan 2006, 08:32
ian 777,

hey im in exactly da same position, your not alone!

hopefully we get a reply within these couple of weeks ay!

cheers,

ozzy

Ozzy747
5th Jan 2006, 08:50
hey guys,

got a call today advising me that i have been seccessful for the position of Long haul flight attendant with jetconnect! im soooo excited! woooohoooooo!

i start training on the 20th of january in auckland.

im jetting of to auckland next week to find a place to live, wish me luck, i hope i find somwhere!

cheers,

ozzy

DXBOZBOI
6th Jan 2006, 14:07
Hey I am from AU

wrxsubby
7th Jan 2006, 23:40
Thats cool, a few Auzzies applying then.

well im hoping to find out soon, this waiting is really hard, anxiously waiting.

I just need to know either way.

speedbirdhouse
8th Jan 2006, 23:13
Jetconnect is continuing to do a sterling job training up Air New Zealand longhaul [and Freedom Air] FAs.

Plenty it seems are waiting for the call up from Air NZ after successfully completing the interview process last year.

Great work Qantas [oops sorry, jetconnect]

speedbirdhouse
29th Jan 2006, 06:05
Quote-

"It [jetconnect] is a great company to work for."

---------------

I laughed out loud reading the above statement.

Not according to the NZ based QF longhaul FA's it isn't.

Just a reminder for those thinking of applying that 80 [1/3rd of the total base] resigned last year.

Jetconnect is an ABYSMAL company to work for.

FACT.

Those wanting to fly for an internatiuonal airline ought to look to Air New Zealand for opportunities.

They pay a living wage and treat their staff like human beings which on BOTH counts isn't the case at Jetconnect.

overhere
29th Jan 2006, 23:13
speedbirdhouse - Have you worked for Jetconnect? I have.

I loved my job at Jetconnect, I was a shorthaul CSM and I still have a number of friends at Jetconnect in both SH and LH. I'm not aware of anyone who dislikes what they do.

Any job is what you make it to be - when you were at work, on the aircraft, Jetconnect was fantastic. A amazing bunch of people to work with everyday, there people you work with are great.

When you are off the aircraft, sure the money and perks weren't as great as NZ, however we all knew that when we signed up. I have no complaints from my end - it was the best job I ever had, it was very hard to leave and if I returned to NZ at anytime I'd go back without any convincing. I never had a problem living off my salary in NZ, nor was I treated badly by management or the company.

Jetconnect have never hidden that they are a stepping stone airline - they are not a career airline - but then not many are these days - JQ/DJ/O7 all aren't either. People will always use low cost divisions to further their careers with something big and better - NZ/QF/EK etc. That is one of the main reasons for the high turnover.

So laugh and make fun all you like, negative people will find something wrong with any airline they work for - theres negatives about any airline - as I said earlier, any job is what you make of it.

Fact - Jetconnect were not an Abysmal company to work for.

TightSlot
30th Jan 2006, 11:53
Jetconnect is an ABYSMAL company to work for.

FACT.

Those wanting to fly for an internatiuonal airline ought to look to Air New Zealand for opportunities.

They pay a living wage and treat their staff like human beings which on BOTH counts isn't the case at Jetconnect.

Subjective assessments can, of course, never be factual, especially when those posting clearly have an axe to grind: I'm sure that anybody considering a career with Jetconnect will ensure that they research ALL the available opinions about the company before making a decision.

speedbirdhouse
30th Jan 2006, 19:32
Of course a third of QF's longhaul Auckland based flight attendants resigned last year for NO good reason........................

FACT.

MANY of them have joined Air NZ for the FAR better pay and condition and many more are waiting for the call up after competing successfully for recently advertised positions.

FACT.

It amuses me to hear "uncomfortable" truths denigrated just because they happen to be [for the company concerned] uncomfortable.

That I "may" have an axe to grind about substandard pay and conditions for airline crew is such a crime????????

QF don't recruit longhaul in Australia anymore because of it's ability to recruit offshore on reduced conditions.

Jetconnect doesn't represent a stepping stone to QF. It represents the reason QF DONT RECRUIT.

"Stepping stone ???"

Is the irony lost on the lot of you.............?

cartexchange
30th Jan 2006, 21:33
Speedbird

It could not have put it in better words myself!

So true, the only reason why QF don't recruit in Australia is for that reason, They have an inexhaustible supply of people willing to go to AKL to work for an Aussie company.
Then those same people complain and whine about the conditions when they are over there!.
The Irony of it all.:confused:

speedbirdhouse
31st Jan 2006, 19:24
GKG,

I know nothing of the Domestic NZ Jetconnect operation but plenty about it's operation supplying longhaul international FA's to Qantas.

It is the working conditions of these poor unfortunates to whom I refer...........