PDA

View Full Version : Scottish SAR pilots in pay dispute with Bristow

Heliport
20th Aug 2001, 18:04
Source: The Sunday Mail, August 19, 2001

HELICOPTER pilots hope to thrash out a peace deal with their employers to avert a strike at two of Scotland's busiest rescue centres.

Scores of pilots have been battling with Bristow Helicopters over poor pay, which they say is driving staff away.

The dispute led to a walk-out by pilots and other staff at the search and rescue units at Stornoway on Lewis and Sumburgh in the Shetlands.

John Moore, of the British Airline Pilots Association, said: We are still in discussions with Bristow. We are hopeful an agreement can be reached.

BALPA are trying to persuade Bristow to bring their pilots' pay in line with the wages enjoyed by those in the commercial airline and military sectors.

Tuckunder
20th Aug 2001, 21:24
Yes this article was puplished but it is factually incorrect. SAR units within the MCA are not on strike.

Happy flying.

COLLECTIVE FRICTION
23rd Aug 2001, 21:25
It's true to say that the SAR bases aren't on strike , but the troops there are not exactly jumping for joy either.I've just heard that my colleagues in ABZ are happy with the latest pay offer.......please tell me it isn't true .

disstings
25th Aug 2001, 04:21
You must be joking!
I heard that the 30 odd pilots in Scatsta have given a definite no to a wishy-washy promise for the future.
For goodness sake, let's stick with CHC's demand for a 46% hike to approach small jet-wing people.
If Bristow take the easy 8% average pay hike, then we are as well to all go and fly a 206 or 212 in the desert.

[ 25 August 2001: Message edited by: disstings ]

thechopper
25th Aug 2001, 13:05
We're working on it but should be able to achieve a sound NO at ABZ as well.
Let's not give up now!!!!!!!!!

Rotorbike
25th Aug 2001, 14:05
Disstings

Tiss there something wrong with flying a 206 or 212 in the desert???

:p :p