PDA

View Full Version : Ujungpandang

RoyHudd
15th Nov 2005, 08:20
Bunch of us going out there on the Hajj. Any tips or do's/donts from out there?

on the glide
16th Nov 2005, 04:12
Rh,

The Hajj contract include the crew will be provide with the stars accomodation and the tips just be aware if you go out to the mall or you can check the web at www.usembassyjakarta.org
or www.australianembassyjakarta

The people are friendly too.

Have a good one,

og;)

bingomakintosh
17th Nov 2005, 13:29
Roy,

If your hotel is on the waterfront there are some great seafood eat houses around. Just ask at the hotel. There are a couple of decent places to go and hang out, even check out the islands off the coast. The Dutch fort is good for a visit, the entrance is by donation but you will be grabed by a "guide" and will have to pay a fee. 50K rupia should be good enough.

enjoy

bingo

hellboy
19th Nov 2005, 07:31
Dude just be careful when you want to make a landing there especially during wet season, because the authority never removed the rubber deposit on the runway. Cx out the accident rate from year to year, there always more than 1 accident in a year either from the military or the civil aircraft. Otherwise is a one good place to have a hot sauce crab if you like sea food.

topoftheloop
25th Nov 2005, 09:22
Was there recently, city loud and dirty. Like mentioned above,
some good hotels and some bars at the seaside. Outside the
hotels everything very cheap. If you have time, make some trips.
I was quite happy with Harijes, a little rent-a-car office, where you can get cars with or without driver for reasonable prize.
His mobile number +628152550684.
Have a good time there.

RoyHudd
6th Dec 2005, 17:04
Thanks guys.

Out there next week with Hajj starting up. Seems like we do need to land at the place, so thanks for the warning. Otherwise, sounds like it could be fun.

:ok:

rhinoboy55
15th Dec 2005, 07:14
Ujung Pundung has a bad reutation basically from people in embassies who have never been there. I find the town perfectly peaceful and can walk around at night with out hassle at all. Just be standard polite and you should have no problem. Possibly the ******** taxi drivers may try to rip you off but otherwise very quiet and clean for Indonesia. The downtown area near the water has a bunch of bars, great beer and lots of girls that will go with you for some fun many different ages and the hotel did not seem to mind at all either when I took a gal home that I had met working at the airport. I generally found it very inexpensive and the people very interesting and quite polite. Also only take the blue bird taxi's. They have a meter which the must use and they will lose their job if they get one complaint.