PDA

View Full Version : Got an Interview with Cathay, PLZ HELP!

supersweetfhb
15th Nov 2005, 06:18
I've been thinking about being a pilot for the last couple years now and I finally decided to hand in one of those application package. And here I am, invited to an interview session with Cathay in Hong Kong in January. I have no flying experience what so ever, I have never attended any flying schools or taken any test.
Plz Offer any advise you may have for:
1) How the interview is going to be like?
2) How I can prepare for my interview?
3) What do they expect out of me?
4) Where can I find more info on their Cadet Pilot training program?

I am nervous already and it's still 2 months away!!!
Any advise would really be appreciated.. thanks!

A321Driver
15th Nov 2005, 06:52
Hey,

Congratulations! Well done. You may want to have a look in the fragrant harbour & fragrant harbour wannabees forum. Lots of info there about their recruitment, interview, lifestyle etc.

Hope this helps. Good luck - let us know how it went. Just be yourself.

Cheerio

A321Driver

BAP
15th Nov 2005, 10:28
Hi!

Congratulations!

I know this website, where they help pilots going to Cathey, but I don't know if they are able to help you since you are not a pilot yet, but you can give it a try!

http://pilotcareercentre.com/CareerHelpInterviewPrep.htm#Cathay

Good luck!
/BAP

rob152
15th Nov 2005, 15:06
Hello,

Was looking on the Cathay Pacific website about their cadet scheme which I assume is what you have an interview for? They say you must be a permenant resident in Hong Kong, I dan't want to seem rude but are you? I only wish to ask because if your not I thought I might send off an application!

Congratulations by the way,

Rob152

kwokwinguk
16th Nov 2005, 19:44
i think at cp interviews they will be asking lots of information about yourself.

1. physiology test: to test you what kind of pilot you be and what kind of reaction when the situations are not good.
2. education test: maths and science, e.g how aircrafts fly, read maps etc.
3. a hard evidence of your long term commitment
4. you must have some knowledge of how the CP airliner operates, markets etc.

and, this is probably the initail stage and i think it will be more complex/harder in later stages.

my advise is have a good read about CP, you will find lots of infor and the way it proceeds. nervous cannot be controlled, its part of our nature, just relax and prepare and you will succeed.

stay cool
:cool:

Left Wing
16th Nov 2005, 22:31
Since you are in canada speaking english should not e a problem, if it is then I suggest you start, to get your english to 110% level.

1 Fitness
2 Apptitude
3 Attitude
4 Ability to work long hard hours

every thing about cathay as an airline + your daddys contacts in Hong Kong are the most impp

supersweetfhb
18th Nov 2005, 04:56
Thank you very much everyone!
Greatly appreciate all the fruitful response.

I am a Hong Kong resident currently holding a Canadian passport and studying in Vancouver.

btw, I did get more information from them concerning stage 1 of the interview, the following would be tested:
1) English
2) Reasoning
3) Aptitude
4) Presentation
5) Interview

I think (at least I hope) I'm ok with the English test....and I was given the topic for the presentation, which I can prepare for in the coming month.
What I am worrying about now is the reasoning test , aptitude test, and the interview..
Have anyone done some of those tests with Cathay? or with any other airline? and could tell me a little ( or alot ) about it?
Once again, thankyou!

Hairy Chest
18th Nov 2005, 09:09
www.epst.com/

buy a few books on aircrafts and aviation general info, do research on the internet. Most come very very well informed for the interview its quite hard core.

Get help how to give interviews, cut short hair, smart suits and ties no ear rings etc. you should look like an airline pilot.

Lot of focus on how dedicated are to work VERY VERY HARD FOR THE NEXT 3 YRS.