PDA

View Full Version : JAR CPL(A) at non-approved school

Bertie Bassett
14th Nov 2005, 22:46
Whilst investigating where to do the modular JAR CPL(A) course (15hr version), I came across the websites of two flight schools in the north of England who seem to offer CPL(A) courses. As I'd not seen these schools advertise in the back of any of the flying magazines I double checked the CAA website for the list of approved schools i.e.

JAR FCL 1 CPL (A) MODULAR FLYING
Aeros Flying Club
Leeds Flying School Limited
Airways Flight Training (Exeter) Limited Multiflight Limited
Atlantic Flight Training (Coventry) Naples Air Center
BCT Aviation Kemble
Old Sarum Flying Club
Billins Air Services
On Track Aviation
Bonus Aviation Limited
Cabair t / a Orlando Flight
Bournemouth Commercial Flight Training Centre
Oxford Aviation Training
Bristol Flying Centre
The Pilot Training College
Cabair College of Air Training
Plymouth School of Flying
Carill Aviation
Professional Air Training
Coulson Flying Services
Ravenair
CTC Aviation Training (UK) Limited Redhill Aviation
European Flight Training Llc
Southend Flying Club
The Flight Centre
Stapleford Flight Centre
Flightpass Limited
St George Flight Training
Flight Training College (UK)
Tayflite Limited (at Perth)
Flight Training Europe SL
Taylor Aviation
Humber Flying Club
Triple A Flying Limited
JD Aviation
Wycombe Air Centre

Now, the two schools previously mentioned don't appear in the list above.

Is this because :

a. they can conduct training under the umbrella of one of the above organisations

b. don't need CAA approval to conduct training (in which case, what extra does the approval provide to flight schools and the average wannabe?)

c. the schools websites are out of date/misleading and they cannot offer CPL(A) training as they are not an approved training organisation

Many thanks

BB

soneraisam
15th Nov 2005, 06:49
Is there any reason you can't get this info straight from the horses mouth by giving them a call? (But let us know what they say).

Sam.

Bertie Bassett
15th Nov 2005, 10:58
soneraisam,

In my experience flight schools tell you what you want to hear. I wanted to know what the situation is with regards to approved/non-approved schools before approaching the schools. Forewarned is forearmed, or however the saying goes. The beauty of asking on PPRuNe is you can get independent advice from people (hopefully) unconnected with the schools, which is also why I didn't name them or say exactly where they are based.

Examiner
16th Nov 2005, 12:25
Document 31 Version 62 published 31st August is already out of date. One of the schools to which I guess you refer has approvals which were granted I believe at the end of August or early September. I can not think which the other school is. If you are in any doubt as to the approval of a school you should telephone the CAA.