PDA

View Full Version : Complete Novice

Simon Berkeljon
14th Nov 2005, 21:05
Hi Guys.

Looking for some areas to look for cadet schemes, sponsorships, etc. Things similar to CTCMCALPINE. I currently hold a PPL with a few hundred hours. Some help please.

Captain_Scooby
14th Nov 2005, 21:30
Trying looking through this forum. Any schemes going will have been discussed here at some point.

Atreyu
15th Nov 2005, 23:50
Age is a big factor in Sponsorships. 25 or under or there won't be many, if anyone, who will consider you. try Air Atlantique, or Flybe or the new Easy one I saw in Flight International yesterday.

Air Atlantique

18-25
PPL
JAA Class One Medical (must have the certificate, not the ability to pass one)
Driving Licence
Willing to be bonded to the company for 4 years after training is finished (approx 15 months training)

(Unsure of other schemes, some are tight on what A levels you chose, some arn't even 'sponsorships' more like guarenteed jobs etc...)

With the Air Atlantique scheme you have to work in ops and do duties while studying for your ATPL ground exams, but hey, its an ATPL for the cost of a stamp, and some really amazing aircraft on offer, with lots of intresting unusual flying to be done.

www.airatlantique.co.uk scroll to group pages and click the Sponsorship links. ;)
My interview is today! Heres hoping! :cool:

AT