PDA

View Full Version : loss of licence

gokel
5th Feb 2001, 16:06
Big companys like Iberia or Spanair pay for they pilots loss of licence which is about 200.000us . But Heli-pilots have to do their own. Besides ther´s a lot of seasonal workers doing any work until the fire season. Unless you are in an airline you are a 2nd class citicen,with many things to worry about.

------------------

MaxNg
7th Feb 2001, 01:29
gokel

Scotia (Bond+Brintel)pay £100,000 loss of licence to all pilots. It's titbits like these that offset the lousey wages. I wonder are there any other smaller companies out there offering benifits ??

Pat Gerard
7th Feb 2001, 10:23
I do not remember the name of the insurance company ( or companies), but I believe you can be privetely insured for loss of licence.
( Bristow offers 2.5 times yearly income).

PurplePitot
7th Feb 2001, 23:00
Yes you can buy your own. Aircrew Underwriting Agencies will provide £100K for around £70pm for a 40 year old holding a class one medical. That rate goes pretty ballistic between the age of 45 and 54 due to a high chance of getting some cardiac/diabetes type problems. If you can get anything at all out of your employers pre tax profits then it's well worth it. Get hold of BALPA for more info.