PDA

View Full Version : oops! got in trouble!

Kempus
14th Nov 2005, 16:11
hi guys,

bit of advice needed. managed to get my self in a little bother which could end in a written(1st)! cant turn back the clock and whole crew are behind me on it so thinking of what options i have. one of the things is i have handed in my notice (pre getting myself into bother and totally unrelated) so i'm unsure whether get the unions involved to defend me to maintain my character and any reference or take the whole thing on the chin for the 15 days i have left?

I've not had the call to the office yet and not even sure it will go that far but if it does i dont want to want to burn bridges.

and yes i have been sick worrying about this!

kempus

tiggerific_69
14th Nov 2005, 19:18
Well,obviously it depends what it is youve done that could get you in bother in the first place.If its not that bad and youre leaving in 15 days then you might as well stay,however if it is something really bad then just pack your bag and go is probably the best bet,and give them some excuse to do wit a new job or something.If you do decide to stay, tell the union and get them behind you just incase anything does get thrown back in your face,at least you have your fellow crew members to back you up,in which case you shouldnt have any problems at all.hope things work out for you :)

NewZealand2
15th Nov 2005, 05:12
Sorry, can't help as im none crew.

But good luck, and all the best for the future.

Miss Indie Skreet
15th Nov 2005, 13:33
Never lie back and take any form of reprimand or punishment you feel is unjust. Fight it all the way, whether leaving or not, and make sure the union finally do something to justify their fees.

No need to be nasty about it, stay professional and be sure of your ground and the disciplinary rules which your employer has to abide by. People seem to forget that this process is binding on both parties. Ensure all of your fellow crew members provide written witness statements for the investigatory stage of the process confirming their support, and ensure this is brought up should the company wish to proceed to a full disciplinary hearing.

If your notice period expires as soon as you say, then either the company will drop the matter as a futile waste of their time and resources, or you can extend the process up to and beyond your leaving date. Either way you will leave with no formal disciplinary record, and the company will have to state as much should a future employer (as some do) ask for this information.

Psr777
15th Nov 2005, 19:28
I believe that even if you leave employ during the process, the employer is able to pursue the matter past your termination.

This may be reflected in the reference you may need. It really does matter how serious the company feel the matter is.

Good Luck

:ok:

Off Stand
17th Nov 2005, 12:18
Kempus, delete some of the messages in your inbox, then check my latest PM.