PDA

View Full Version : where are the naija fellas

Engine Noise
14th Nov 2005, 14:47
B]ZAZOO, NDB17, BALEWA, DMAN,CAPT MANUVAR,OYINDO ,TOKUNBO[/B] hey fellas, what is happening?u have nt showed up on pprune for some time now?
Hope you have nt retired!! You need to keep the Naija flag flying on pprune!
Cheers

Oyindo
14th Nov 2005, 16:28
We still dey, make you no worry, wee neva taya. Betta don dey happen for VK.
:ok:

Dotun
14th Nov 2005, 20:04
We are still here, standing by. :cool:

Regards
DMan

skycaptain81
15th Nov 2005, 13:07
we dey kampe,the mourning is over.
Rumours have it that the consolidation buzz which hit the Banking and Insurance sectors will soon hit the Aviation industry.It is believed that a 1billion naira capital base will be the bench mark for all companies that wil operate Heavy Jet Aircraft in the country.

Flying Touareg
15th Nov 2005, 15:19
i think i heard the NCAA boss suggesting something like that yesterday on network.Trust our people with fire brigade approach. But what happened to those airlines that where given international routes but asked to recapitalise with 500m. I think only bellview, aero and adc made it?

Rani
15th Nov 2005, 15:28
Flying Touareg:
KABO is currently flying scheduled flights to Jeddah as designated. Their Rome and Nairobi designations are not used, so NCAA should look into redesignating them to a serious party!

My 2 kobos:

Continuing the above thoughts re consolidation which I think are very interesting. The consolidation of Nigerian banks and introduction of minimum capital base by CBN has pumped FDI (foreign direct investment) into the Nigerian economy in general and the banking sector specifically. Bday recently published reports that over $250m was recently invested in several Nigerian banks by a South African group. The 15 banks which are expected to survive this exercise have emerged stronger, and as a result there is new confidence in the sector.
The days of makeshift, weak banks will be over in a few weeks. High-worth individuals+corporations will no longer be required to spend a fortune on deposit insurance or spreading risk by maintaing dozens of accounts at different banks.

There are stark parallels between the banking and aviation industries. Pilots shouldn't be worried about losing their jobs. The entry of Virgin Nigeria should only entice the indigenous operators to pour resources to compete favorably, and to maintain their flights into the secondary airports such as Enugu, Sokoto, Yola, etc. Stronger airlines means stable+efficient operations (for $$$$), competitive products, properly-maintained fleets, and hopefully growth..........leading to more jobs! This is not to mention the really overdue exposure to international partnerships which would bring in much needed expertise + capital.

Nigeria is actually quite late in implementing this policy. India, China, and Taiwan have LONG ago imposed tighter restrictions on start-ups. Anyone here has an idea of the situation in South Africa and South America re requirements for airline start-ups?

Flying Touareg
15th Nov 2005, 15:51
Hi Rani,

Agreed consolidation of airlines will be good. However, on what runways will the recapitalised airlines land?:D Making the airlines recapitalise and improve without world standard navaids, runways airport means nothing.

Talking about banks, the banks have been asked to recapitalise which is gud.But where is the business oppurtunity for them to give us a return on our investment in a country that inflation in rises on daily basis. I tell u what, the nigerian economy is akin to the lagos airport runway! No end of repair in sight but deterioration!

Oyindo
15th Nov 2005, 16:18
Ibadan International Airport OYO (IIAO), might suffice in the short term while egunje de run belle for MMA. After all IIAO is grossly under utilised, and will make a suitable departure or arrival alternate.;)

Rani
15th Nov 2005, 16:49
Flying Touareg,
Valid questions, but don't you think one needs to start somewhere? I dont think that recapitalized banking and airline sectors will bring Nigeria backward.
But you're right, the dysfunctional airports+ports are a huge problem. Okonjo Iweala was recently quoted :"Corruption is no longer Nigeria's main problem, infrastructure is". The Abuja airport concession is on the market (deadline is Nov.24) while the Lagos domestic terminal is slated for completion on Feb (to be run on BOT of course).
But where is the public money being chanelled in the aviation ministry????
P.S. Are you really a Tuareg? :D

Flying Touareg
15th Nov 2005, 18:59
well rani all i can say is that i drink alot of hot tea under the scorching son in the desert!!:cool:
By the way rani and others, i m curious to know how virgin atlantic and virgin nigeria are competing the los-london route.?

oneeyed
17th Nov 2005, 20:11
Ibadan International Airport OYO (IIAO), might suffice in the short term while egunje de run belle for MMA. After all IIAO is grossly under utilised, and will make a suitable departure or arrival alternate. :ok:

Great idea - we will divert all heavy equipment exceeding the current MLW/MTOW restrictions to Ibadan International...

Runways ID: 05/23
Dimensions: 7875 x 147 feet = 2400 x 45 meters
Surface: ASPHALT
ILS: NO

...and then use Molue and Danfo Shuttle to LOS:E

ZAZOO
21st Nov 2005, 15:21
Here I am Engine Noise :) Reporting for Pprune duties!!!

:D PRESENT SIR:D

Dman I de vex oh haba, ur own don too plenty, well all the guys miss you back here.

PS: Our mans final journey home :sad: I gather is for the 2nd December in Accra, will you be able to make it, would be nice to have you there.

Capt. Manuvar
21st Nov 2005, 15:35
Capt. manuvar reporting for duty. I've been lying low due EFCC but believe me, i'm innocent:E :suspect:

Flying Touareg
21st Nov 2005, 15:55
talking about EFCC i learnt they have just spread their nets on the avition parastatals based on the order by obasanjo.All airlines are also to undergo technical and financial audit.
Rani, i bet the consolidation/recapitalisation process has now been set in motion?

Rani
21st Nov 2005, 16:07
It's about time EFCC intervened: 300 lives / 10 crashes / daily international embarassments LATER. Was Ribadu sleeping?
Touareg, not sure, but I guess it's imperative now that the remaining airlines start getting serious about standard airline services.

BALEWA
21st Nov 2005, 16:33
Make I de report too Ojare, Engine Noise Whats up!!!

Balewa reporting oh:ok:

I de, just work work work right now, and the heat for Niger nowadays is just unfair.

Regards to all.

Zazoo Sir, how far now, I hear your voice for engine start this morning, you de enjoy oh! up CFM56:ok: NA U BIKO:{ :{ :{

Dotun
21st Nov 2005, 21:18
Zazoo, make una no vex o (check your pm). Will join you guys very soon.

Regards
DMan

Tokunbo
22nd Nov 2005, 11:12
Engine Noise,

Neva see? I don post for Rotorheads de otha day

Engine Noise
8th Dec 2005, 08:19
Nigerian brothers whats happening? The forum is getting quiet from our side. Abi you have all retired!! Hey this is a rumour network.What is happening?!!

Feel like defecting to Gunship et al side at SA!!:D