PDA

View Full Version : FlyBE BRI/JSY on 11/11/05

cornwallis
14th Nov 2005, 09:27
A friend of mine travelled on the midday flight from Bristol to Jersey on Friday.Thirty passengers were offloaded due to an alleged problem in the terminal.Rather than just punishing the one who was allegedly causing trouble the whole party was offloaded.Their tickets however were not endorsed Refused Carriage and Fly Be gave them new tickets for Southampton Jersey.The journey to SAM cost them in excess of £600!!The aircraft they boarded at SAM was the same one they should have travelled from Bri on.Would someone from Fly BE like to comment?

TwoDots
14th Nov 2005, 12:21
I'm guessing here, but ....

Is there any chance it was a group of drunk blokes ?
If so, they were probably shipped to SAM to give them a chance to sober up.

chiara loriga
14th Nov 2005, 12:55
Hi there,
I work for Flybe and its an SOP that if there are a group of pax who, for whatever reason, are deemed unfit to carry by the crew, then the whole group are offloaded, even if particular members are being as good as gold!

heebeegb
14th Nov 2005, 17:21
If capt decides they are unfit to travel, that's good enough for me and how it always should be. well done Flybe.

propstop400
17th Nov 2005, 17:10
Gents the facts were:
5 or 6 of the party were abusive to ground crew, police had to be called to control them at the gate. Those responsible were offloaded; the other members of the party were not offloaded but chose to get off (it was a football teram with relatives). Flybe nontheless honoured their tickets at other airports, included the originally disruptive passengers.

Standard Noise
17th Nov 2005, 18:16
Flybe nonetheless honoured their tickets at other airports
Far too generous if you ask me. Should have ripped their tickets up completely. People who cause trouble on aircraft oughta be horsewhipped too!

Guern
17th Nov 2005, 21:39
Yep I would have let them swim back!