PDA

View Full Version : AN-26 crash in Kindu

Speedbreak
13th Nov 2005, 23:30
Rumours of another crash at Kindu.
After the B727, it's an Antonov 26, carrying goods for the "DRC's elections"....

So , again, we request Mr wellinformed, 4Granted, if he has any informations or pix...

Regarding the pix of the B727 at Kindu. The yellow shirt,as uniform ,for the police , isn't tne DRC NTSB!!!

4Granted, if I'm right yellow shirt, means...circulation police( roulage)!
Are they investigating the crash??? Good results!

Cheers...4g

Speedbreak

MysticFlyer
14th Nov 2005, 09:42
Gentlemen,

Kindly stick to rumours please, there's Aussie's, Kiwi's and Brit's etc. (albeit in some cases very young and flying in and around the swamps of Maun) on these forums. ;)

Lest they think everyone is racial biggot's trying to and interfering in other counries' politics.

My good guess is that they called in the country of origin of the manufacturer.:ooh:

Speedbreak
14th Nov 2005, 10:16
Rumour is that the police de roulage is investigating the crash of a B727 in Kindu...
Good enough, Mistic flyer?

Cheers!

4granted
14th Nov 2005, 12:16
Just landed back from Kindu 10 minutes ago and there was no AN26 there or anywhere crashed.. the 727 is still there and did manage to get a pic or two from the cockpit on turnaround for depature... will check quality and post if they are ok...
Yello shirts are the traffic police, what their involvement is there I have no idea...
If the little Aussis and Kiwis cant hack it out here and are so easily offended, well.. theres always home.. Brace yourself Sheila or Bah bah black sheep have you any wool.....?

4g:ouch:

MysticFlyer
14th Nov 2005, 13:16
Thanks to our correspondent in darkest Africa, whom we will never take 4G!:ok: It turns out we have a nice supply of rumours from our correspondents today.

Thank goodness for that!

From elsewhere, it's reported that the sheepfarming industry is taking a major knock....many a sheep have been found intoxicated by a rudementary mixture. A local pilot and doctor here, have identified it as a sorghum by-product, derived from fermentation and in Botswana and elsewhere, refered to as "Shake-Shake" or "Twala".

The Police are still baffled as that these sheep were all found in the tall grass, and in the vacinity of major airports. Once sheep was found with a sticker close to it's loins, stating "I am a Kiwi-Cessna - land me!", typically bumper-sticker style, which left the police and local farmers baffled and shocked! On another sheep, the caption read "Dumêêêla, catch me, if you can...!"

The investigations continues.

:ooh:

reptile
14th Nov 2005, 16:34
The lady protest too much......Sounds like MysticFrier had a bad experience with a furry four legger! :sad:

Get over it!