PDA

View Full Version : Africa flight ratings

ToiletDucky
13th Nov 2005, 20:54
What system do they use in Africa? I'm trying to research more about it. I spent some time in Kenya on a long but very nice vacation and would love to spend the younger part of my life flying there. I've heard that you can't transfer rating for rating. How do you go about getting the ratings to fly in that country? Does anyone have any information on this? I was pointed to this site by a friend on another forum and while did some searching I was overwhelmed with topics that came up but didn't apply. Thank you kindly for any response.
Duck

MysticFlyer
14th Nov 2005, 09:59
Waco.....Texas.....toilet.......Duck!

This spells....., me with my vivid imagination, and history knowledge of course.....:}

What "system" you may ask? saywhat, reptile, birdlady and blackadder, sorry blackbaron....this was YOUR queue, Kenya must be close to Accra or Dar (or Maun for that matter)!

Mystic1

PS. Should they not respond, also try the AUS & NZ threads for more info too - they used some yuckspeak (not DUCKspeak to disguise them on this network! Otherwise, if at first you don't succeed)

Solid Rust Twotter
14th Nov 2005, 10:50
Komba

Any helpful suggestions for the Duck?:ok:

MysticFlyer
14th Nov 2005, 11:23
Was going to say....SRT may have some advice...he normally does! But alas. :ugh:

Now regarding that demand and supply...

How about Park Aviation Recruiting Service cc. We could register the office in Hillbrow (hence Park is short for Joubert Park) and it would be a fly by night operation, yes night ratings too!

Hillbrow anyway these days, after all the Jews have moved to Sandton and northern suburbia, is the capitol of Nigeria!?:uhoh:

Application letters could be filled in on a form, we'll call it the Form 419, requesting and obtaining our hopefulls' daddy's account details. We'll thus be providing a service issuing and validating foreign aircrew licences. This would be the Africa headoffice, thought that SRT could run the Maun Branch?

Takers? :E or is the idea taken?:ooh:

Ok guns (one s..), back on SAFE ;)

birdlady
14th Nov 2005, 19:54
Mystic,

What on earth have you been smoking. :hmm: :hmm: :hmm:

Airforce1
15th Nov 2005, 12:20
Mystic you have lost it.....!
Is there any productive knowledge in your reply other than more emoticons.......

T D , what are you asking about ratings(class/type),validations or what????/system?...