PDA

View Full Version : hey guys! plz advice......

DILANO7
13th Nov 2005, 14:36
briefly, im a srilankan with a frozen malaysian ATPL /MEIR 220 hrs plus.......
twin endorsed on seneca 3, graduate of the malaysian flying academy....
any chances of getting into kingfisher as a junior f/o?
tried sri lankan for f/o on A320
wasnt sucessful. tried air asia since i trained in malaysia for 2 yrs, wasnt successful.... dont even wanna think of
SIA or MAS, they wud definitely go with the nationality issue, PR stauts , etc.
was adviced to look into india, but unsure of whether the same thing of not being an national applies........
any advice wud be nice,
even willing to fly senecas if any jobs are there........turbo props, what ever,
done the uk atpl exams - technical papers and nav papers , 18 total in one go, over allaverage above 90 percent....... 5 flight tests all with high pass rate,
yet nothing on the plate.
plz help
thanks guys 4 reading
bye

BlueEagle
13th Nov 2005, 21:44
If you apply to SIA and are accepted for interview then providing you pass they will issue you with a work permit. Subsequently you may apply for PR status. They will only employ you on local terms though, not expat. Give it a try!

cpt744
14th Nov 2005, 02:18
DILANO7,
From what I know, we have taken in quite a few Sri Lankans that were ab-initial status ( And they all are good chaps+good flyers ). As mentioned by BlueEagle you should really give your best shot by writing in to SQ recruitement, do a simple search on SQ website and you should be able to find the details.
All the best..

Left Wing
14th Nov 2005, 05:10
become an inst at MFA build up your hrs and then try at Sir Lankan, India is totaly closed to non Indians for FO jobs. Look at flt schools in Aus for inst training.

DILANO7
14th Nov 2005, 05:58
i did apply online to SIA and even coried them my details, they came up witht he nationality issue being a problem......
knew a pal of mine at the academy indian national with a malaysian PR cuz his parents had status in malaysia, i gathered he just got the job with SQ
thanks anyways shall try again,
and being a instructor at the academy , well, they require guys with bout 500 hrs plus i guess
going down to aussie to get a FI rating wud mean conversions and all dat mess.
thanks though bout the advice on india, i guess the loal boys get preference ,
however heard that they dont have as many locals to fill in for FO'S , dunno how true that info is.
well hope sri lankan helps me someway
until date nothing much though, shall try and look round
thanks guys again very helpful
and all the best 2 u lot on yur carrers as well
cheers

Left Wing
14th Nov 2005, 09:05
http://www.holidayair.lk/join.html

DILANO7
14th Nov 2005, 10:41
thanks for the info buddy
tried them and they had 2 interviews and all
strictly based on southeast's recruitment policy....
nothing concreete materialising with them, i guess they need approval and all which hasnt been givne and knowing how things work in this part of the world, probably never......
thanks mate,
regards

jollyikarus
15th Nov 2005, 22:51
Dilano 7,

With all due respect....you may have all the theory covered, but what you actually need is hours, hours, hours....and some kind of flight instructor's rating would help a lot, too!

I know, some airlines take in minimum CPLs and ATPLs, but that is not very common. 1500 hours and a CFI-rating is the minimum which most 'respectable' operators want to see!

And where to build up hours???? Hell, I wish I knew these days! But there are still some opportunities every now and then in Africa and the Middle East, for the latter, like Falcon Express, you need at least a Beech 1900 rating and 500 hours minimum, though!

Hope I didn't disillusion you!

Cheers,

JI :-)

DILANO7
16th Nov 2005, 05:33
OH not at all sir,
thanks very much for the adive
much glad to hear that........
am looking at AFRICA but dont know where exxactly i should see
anyway, yes ill see with falcon express, but dont have the 500 hrs minimum
thanks a lot though
and good luck on yur career
dilano

kwaiyai
17th Nov 2005, 12:13
Hi Dilano,
Transmile have taken a few cadet's direct from MFA. Might be worth applying there too now,
Regard's,

DILANO7
17th Nov 2005, 16:40
sure will sir,
the last time i visited them in KL they said they were going for the 500 hrs ex . crowd.
i requested them to try me out in sabah sarawak on the caravans as a trial, but they said they had 2 guys who were doing it and their standards werent satisfactory so they wud not continue with the programme.
nevermind, shall mail them right away.
thank you again
and best of luck to u on yur flying
cheers!