PDA

View Full Version : female controllers.....

Tegan
12th Nov 2005, 17:48
Female fighter controllers and air traffic controllers only date/marry aircrew. True or false or am I just being cynical?

sarmonkey
12th Nov 2005, 17:54
Clinical studies have shown that the ladies in the controller branches are all fantastically beautiful and are therefore helplessly attracted to the undeniably physically perfect specimens that make up the male aircrew world.

Or am I being cynical?

Tegan
12th Nov 2005, 17:56
Physically perfect sar boys? I thought they just sat around eating pies...

sarmonkey
12th Nov 2005, 17:59
That is a common misconception and is completely false. Often we stand around and eat pies, not just sit. And sometimes there's pasties. And don't forget biscuits. And cake. With Jam. And don't forget crumpets.....

And chips, by the way.

London Mil
12th Nov 2005, 18:02
I joined to marry a pilot. Fortunately, the RAF allowed women to fly before they allowed same-sex partnerships. ;)

PS, you're all Gods.

Flap62
12th Nov 2005, 18:03
These ladies have cleared numerous hurdles to get to where they are. In today's "equal opportunities" air force there are still enough old dinosaurs that will do everything they can to try to block the progress of females in the more "ops" orientated branches. The ladies that make it to their "front line" are dedicated and commited.

Given all that, why on earth would they want to marry some flat stoner?

The Swinging Monkey
12th Nov 2005, 20:25
Flaps,
I regret to say Sir, you are talking utter tripe!!

'These ladies have cleared numerous hurdles' - yeah right, most of them have made it by fluttering their eye lashes and using their other female charms. Most of those who fell at the hurdles, were given a big leg-up to get over the hurdles.

'In today's "equal opportunities" air force there are still enough old dinosaurs that will do everything they can to try to block the progress of females in the more "ops" orientated branches' - simply utter tosh! They, quite frankly, are not up to it! just look at the history of female FCs on the E-3 fleet, its terrible. At best, they are only fair, but many are simply appalling.

'The ladies that make it to their "front line" are dedicated and commited' - yes, thats partly correct. They are somewhat dedicated at getting the flying pay, and many of them should be commited!

My only experience with female controllers has been on the 'front line' on both E-3D sqns as well as at GK, (wher they are considerably better I regret to say) Our female FCs are generally arrogant, and many simply do not fit in with the modern aircrew way of life. They hate getting up early in the morning, and insist on telling every body that. They don't understand working weekends and unsociable hours, and absolutelyhate it when they deploy anywhere that dosn't have a 4* hotel to live in (they don't do tents!)

Of course there is the odd one or two who are great, and are an absolute pleasure to be with a fly with. But sadly, they are very few and far between.

Sorry girls, stick to a hole in the ground!

Kind regards
TSM

Pontius Navigator
12th Nov 2005, 20:43
I know one air traffic controller married a doctor and he was not a prime specimen.

I know two others married aircrew, one even married a Red Arrows pilot. Now that is discrimination.

Hueymeister
12th Nov 2005, 22:28
I've shagged a couple - they had obviously spent too long underground and found me attractive enough to drag off home!!!!

Talking Radalt
12th Nov 2005, 23:12
they had obviously spent too long underground and found me attractive enough to drag off home!!!!

Errrr, both together?!!!!! :E

Runaway Gun
13th Nov 2005, 14:14
A couple Huey? At the same time?

JessTheDog
13th Nov 2005, 15:30
My only experience with female controllers has been on the 'front line' on both E-3D sqns as well as at GK, (wher they are considerably better I regret to say) Our female FCs are generally arrogant, and many simply do not fit in with the modern aircrew way of life. They hate getting up early in the morning, and insist on telling every body that. They don't understand working weekends and unsociable hours, and absolutelyhate it when they deploy anywhere that dosn't have a 4* hotel to live in (they don't do tents!)

Ooooh! :E

I can think of a few that fitted that mould, but the majority did not.

Chivalry bit over (I'm out now so I have no fear of the PC police!)

KPax
13th Nov 2005, 17:00
Have a look at the airfields in the south and west and see how many have 'female SATCO's' or had recently. They can't all be bad.

Melchett01
13th Nov 2005, 18:08
Female fighter controllers and air traffic controllers only date/marry aircrew

Only if said aircrew don't manage to escape in time :}

Although, to be fair to them, a few of them did brighten the place up a bit, and one or 2 even made a drinkable coffee. So not all bad :E

Tegan
13th Nov 2005, 19:28

Thats a bit of a broad statement isn't it? You can't judge the entire female fc branch on the girls on the e3's. Ask the majority of girls back at any of the other fc bases what they think about the guys/gals on the jet and you'll mostly get the answer that they're a bunch of whinging arrogant gits! While the e3 crews are off have a good time at red flag we've got guys on Q 24/7 same as atc. There are plenty of lasses out there that are deployable and regularly roughing it with people like 1acc.

As for females using their charms... there are plenty of 'old school' aircrew (and non aircrew) boys out there that letch at the young females on a regular basis. Rant endeth here!!

I have got to say though, there are certain voices which when you hear on the RT make us girlies swoon and thank god we got that sortie! :O

Itsrainingagain
13th Nov 2005, 20:32
Tried it, didn't like it and left - the marriage to aircrew that is, not the branch!!!

PS - Don't put FC and ATC girls in the same bracket - we're just so NOT the same thing!!!

polyglory
14th Nov 2005, 06:41
PS - Don't put FC and ATC girls in the same bracket - we're just so NOT the same thing!!!

Well somethings appear to have not changed at all:D

teeteringhead
14th Nov 2005, 09:15
we're just so NOT the same thing!!! ... err, has ISS changed that much? ;)

The Green Scopie
14th Nov 2005, 10:21
Don't know the percentages but aren't most of the married females in the RAF marry somebody in the RAF (Armed Forces)? I only know 1 or 2 married to Civi's.

The Swinging Monkey
14th Nov 2005, 11:48
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
we're just so NOT the same thing!!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

...hmmmm I rest my case!

TSM

Wyler
14th Nov 2005, 16:10
I think the modern FC females are happier shagging the airmen. Probably a pre-cursor to moving onto aircrew. I think the army call it 'warming the barrel'.......

Data-Lynx
14th Nov 2005, 17:20
TSM and Tegan. Seems to me that, if true, these FCs are matching their FJ customers for attitude and habits. Have yet to met a FJ pilot that did 'tents'. (I do not include the Harrier mob because they occasionally have done tents, but then they are not really FJ are they?)

Tegan
14th Nov 2005, 21:33
data-lynx i agree with you in theory about the whole fj rep when it comes to camping out but you can't tar all of them with the same brush as again the decisions come from up top i.e. old school boys... E3 guys are definitely more of the same mentality as some fj guys but then there's the same sort of rivalry within the fc branch between 1acc & E3 crews as there is between say the harrier & other fj guys.

as for wyler, not sure there's any call for that now is there?

seven4mankind
15th Nov 2005, 19:43
Unbelievably tedious thread. Of course they do. Endex

sarmonkey
16th Nov 2005, 09:58

Thank heavens you're here to reply to these threads to keep us all in line. I shall be sure to check with you whenever I read one.

seven4mankind
16th Nov 2005, 21:10
sm,
I reply to things I either feel strongly about, or wind me up... erm... isn't that why we're here?

sarmonkey
17th Nov 2005, 07:12
Absolutely, dear boy. Just intrigued how you made it to page 2 of an 'unbelievably tedious thread'. Sorry, I just remembered you called endex. Deleting this now.