PDA

View Full Version : The incredible shrinking message!

Cyclic Hotline
18th Aug 2001, 07:31
Well been some pretty amazing happenings on this board, but today has been interesting. One of the posts here has actually been SHRINKING as the postee removes his posts one by one!

As it has now gone down from (maybe)72 to 55, you might be able to guess that is a prolific participant! :eek: Now, of course the post doesn't make a lot of sense if you read it, as half of the content has gone away!

Maybe it's time for a time-out. The back and forward bickering, incessant arguing and put downs are reminiscent of some of the other sites on the Net!

It's all well and good to say that if you don't want to read it, then simply don't open the thread. The problem is it seems to spill out into every subject and issue discussed here.

So how about giving it a break for the sake of everyone else who uses the site?

And leave that bloody thumbs down icon alone!! :mad:

This is not aimed at any particular individual or topic, simply at the minority who seem to have nothing better to do in life (although claiming to) than continually pick apart anything and everything that the other says, does, thinks or imagines. If you want to do that, why don't you use e-mail (oh, thats right, you were sending e-mails in a similar vein at one point in the past)!

And who do I think I am? No-one, so you can tell me to piss-off if you want! (God forbid that I now get caught in the middle of one of these pissing matches myself! Maybe I should just delete this now?)

Rotorbike
18th Aug 2001, 08:07
Seconded

:)

collective bias
18th Aug 2001, 09:29
On ya CH,
Two THUMBS-UP from CB.
:) :D ;) :p :cool: :rolleyes:

Lu Zuckerman
18th Aug 2001, 17:01
To: Cyclic Hotline

Guilty as charged. One of the reasons I pulled my posts was to prove the point you made above about the thread making no sense. However the main reason was to take myself out of the mix so that the other contributors to the thread can see for themselves that there is no consensus regarding both precession of any type and the theory behind retreating blade stall. Each participant said I was wrong and that the reason I was wrong was that they were right yet no two participants agreed with each other. Regarding my being right or wrong, I gave up on that some time ago. True I countered other opinions but not to prove them wrong but to show that there were alternate theories for the same action.

Another reason for removing my posts was to point out the activities of RW-1. His challenges and attacks go back to my original posting about the Robinson not being certifiable. In every one of his posts he attacked my ideas and has never once offered any technical opinions to counter my thoughts and ideas. If I challenge him and ask for his technical input he says I am an old man (which I am) and I am an idiot (which I am not) and therefore, he does not have to reply. His opinions are based some out of loyalty to Robinson helicopters but mainly on the opinions of others who say I am wrong. (See above).

I would also suggest that the participants go to other threads and see the technical opinions offered on these same subjects and that there is no consensus.

RW-1
18th Aug 2001, 21:56
Really ... Let's pick that apart shall we?

In every one of his posts he attacked my ideas and has never once offered any technical opinions to counter my thoughts and ideas.

As you have been told many times by others, not me, no one here has to tell you anything, or prove how you are incorrect in some of your concepts. You must prove it.

If I challenge him and ask for his technical input he says I am an old man (which I am) and I am an idiot (which I am not) and therefore, he does not have to reply.

You have proven yourself to be both.
Let's recap, you asked the experts here in the forum to make comments on your ideas, not theories, but concepts, but for anyone who wishes to know, heliport posted Nick's quals right there, that kinda ended things for LZ, for he asks the experts, but cannot accept the answers he gets.

And as stated by Sling Load, and Arm out the window, no one here HAS to continually tell you why you are incorreect, when you have never accepted it from ANYONE who has vastly more knowledge than you do, so why all of a sudden would you accept my description? Excuse #1.

His opinions are based some out of loyalty to Robinson helicopters but mainly on the opinions of others who say I am wrong.

My opinions are psychological observations of your method of redirection, misquotes, and many other actions that have only served to make my statements valid. I've always told you, you are your worst enemy, I can read you like the sunday comics.

None were about the idea anymore, because not only had the perticipants told you you were wrong, they SHOWED YOU WHY.

Again; your arrogance and ignorance in your responses to them just serve to confirm the old man and idiot observations.

I would also suggest that the participants go to other threads and see the technical opinions offered on these same subjects and that there is no consensus.

There is a concensous, there has always been a consensus. Every thread that you have began, or hijacked into another robbie ranting of some sort has ended in one of the following (whether I have been in it or not):

1. The thread locked by the admin.

2. You kill it so others cannot see the general consensus AGAINST you.

(I refer to the "18 degrees ASK NICK LAPPOS THE ULTIMATE ARBITRATION" ...
PPruNer's; Just what does that title imply to all of you? And then of course when Nick
(let's ALL read his bio again shall we?)
DIDN'T AGREE WITH LZ, LZ had to turn elsewhere, plain and simple...)

3. You pull your posts so that thy do not see the personal comments or mistakes / slander you have made in your posts, though they do make it shorter because one of your favorite misdirections is long winded paragraphs that mean nothing.

You always like to offer that piece of info .. "Go to the thread now ..." Well they can't see what made everyone respond in such manners, but again I can post some here (I saved the best of them) so those people can read them.

You still had not answered why at the end of your threads that even some of your supporters seem to change their minds and tell you the same thing as most of the other participants.

And as Nick Lappos told you after 71 postings in that thread, we seemed to come right back to the same misconstrued imnterpretations of yours.

All your threads make no sense after a while, because you continually, after being given the info to show that you are incorrect, turn it in to a merry go round of (see above).

And MY challenge to you to go get in a heli is one that you have been told by far greater than I, do not dare to just associate the challenge of going back to basics and actually trying flying as coming from me. Weak misdirection ...

You are sad, and your actions have been completely predictable (see numbered list.)

[ 18 August 2001: Message edited by: RW-1 ]