PDA

View Full Version : Applying in Africa

Porco Rosso 76
11th Nov 2005, 10:09
Hi guys, tnx a lot for this useful forum.

I'm interested in trying to find a job in africa, somebody can give me links/contacts to start spread my CV?

Tnx in advance for the answers :)

A320rider
11th Nov 2005, 11:44
you really think that sombody will call you from africa, you best bet is to go chase the Lion and look for an operator in the middle of the jungle...

say hello to Tarzan !!!

YYZ
11th Nov 2005, 11:51
Ahh, the every useful comments of A320rider, never a happy word.

I have posted the following before, if you use the search function there is allot more on here to view.

LINK (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=195757)

Good luck

YYZ

Porco Rosso 76
11th Nov 2005, 11:53
thanks for the advice.
I simply request some links to airlines in Africa. I believe it exist, no?

I don't understand your answer...

thank you very much indeed!

A320rider
11th Nov 2005, 12:12
i try to be helpful this time, www.ppjn.com

YYZ
11th Nov 2005, 12:22
Porco Rosso 76

Alot of the smaller operators in Africa require you to be there and ask for a job face to face, they will not offer you anything over the phone. Bit of a risk, but can be worth the trip.

A320rider:ok:

YYZ

A320rider
11th Nov 2005, 12:31
You have to move there to see if you are good for their dinner.

most pilots never come back!

AlternativeProcedure
11th Nov 2005, 18:30
Hi Porco Rosso 76,

dont listen to negative comments you sometimes hear on pprune. They are usually from people who have given up or are about to give up. I trained in the UK(modular), JAA frozen ATPL, MCC etc etc. When the going got tough jobwise in the UK, I packed my things and relocated to Africa in search of that first job. Glad to say I finally have it, flying multi-engine turbine aircraft. The location may not be ideal, but hey, the money and the time i'm getting definitely are. Do what you feel is right for you, like others have said, go to Africa, get to know people. B4 you know it, you'll be doing something constructive.

Anyways enough inspirational talk from me, its friday night and I need to enjoy it. Goodluck

Cheers AP

south coast
11th Nov 2005, 19:00
i also flew for a south african operator, they have many contracts throughout africa, ie. UN, UNHCR, Red Cross, etc etc...

but like already said, you will not get any kind of responce or reply from a south african company unless you go and see them personally with your cv.

your emailed cv will be binned, harsh perhaps, but the truth!

if you do go, get yourself a type rating on a king air 200 or a beech 1900 or a caravan or a twin otter or a let 410 or an atr.

these are the most common tyoes used in the contract world of africa.