PDA

View Full Version : Tightslot!!!

Tengounsueño
11th Nov 2005, 10:03
How rude are you!!! For someone who is SUPPOSE to be a moderator there is NO NEED. For someone who is new to this web site I was only looking for help!!

the_hawk
11th Nov 2005, 10:12
he wasn't rude
there's NO NEED to open a new thread again
you should have been able to find the other thread even when new to this forum

11th Nov 2005, 11:27
Sticky: Forum FAQ & useful links: please read before you post a QUESTION !!

sweetie, this is a rumour network ... not a citizens advice bureau
can I suggest you read the instructions (which are at the top of the page) before posting

jettesen
11th Nov 2005, 19:04
i agree. tightslot is rude! referring the flyjet posting, it was closed down by him! why????? all kendoll asked was if it was true they had gone into liquidation. He went off on one and closed the thread!

Well all everyone knew was thet their planes have been grounded and all flights cancelled for the month! What is his problem???

Time to remove his status as moderator

Psr777
11th Nov 2005, 22:37
Soap Box Mode so apologies in advance !!!

What is the problem?

The original post title could have been very upsetting for FlyJet crew.. (have mates there) so why was the moderator not justified with the comments?

I didn't find it rude, only informative.

Cabin crew often get slated on PPRUNE for not being professional enough to utilise this forum. This kind of post only exacerbates the problem and promulgates the idea.

Tightslot - you work hard, play hard and still find time to moderate, I for one appreciate the work you put in.

regards

:ok: :ok: :ok:

What does this do?
11th Nov 2005, 23:38
PSR777

In total agreement. What tightslot posted was neither inflammatory or provocative. It was a justifiable opinion and was not intended to wind up or upset anyone - quite the opposite in fact.

Appreciate this is a rumour network, but PSR hit the nail on the head - it COULD have been upsetting and it WAS informative. it's all very well starting or spreading rumours peeps, but please remember - they affect REAL people in a very real way. I'm not advocating a nanny state on PPRUNE, but a little consideration goes a long way. :ok:

Anyways, that's my 2 cents. After all, is that not why we have PPRUNE - as a platform for free speech???

Safe flying all,

WDTD? :D :ok:

flapsforty
12th Nov 2005, 08:05
Sleepyperson & Jettesen you have had your say, and people do not agree with you.
There might be a hint in there for you somewhere.

Tighslot is one of the best moderators we have on the site. He is knowledgeable about all aspects of our profession, has an enormous amount of patience, is extremely fair and has a great sense of humour. He moderates this forum without getting paid for it (like we all do) and in his spare time. Without Tightslot and the other Mods making this effort, there would be no Cabin Crew Forum.
If there's anything you feel you need to say to him; I'd start with "Thank you".

Another bit of advice; if you have a complaint about the moderation of the forum, feel free to bring it to the attention of the site's owner by using the [email protected] e-mail addy.
A more constructive and adult action than ranting on the forum. ;)