PDA

View Full Version : United to hire 2,000 attendants

Eboy
11th Nov 2005, 07:59
"UAL Corp.'s bankrupt United Airlines is preparing to hire 2,000 flight attendants, the Washington Post reported on Friday, citing sources familiar with the plan."

"United is seeking to add international flights as part of its restructuring. About 700 of the new hires would be needed at Washington's [Dulles] International Airport, a departure point for the majority of its overseas flights, the newspaper said."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20051111/us_nm/airlines_united_dc_1

RicoStyle
11th Nov 2005, 12:55
Can we join this company with a European passport?
I am French, and usually American company look for US citizen.
But, I heard in another post that there is a base in LHR.
Please, let me know how can I apply for a job opportunity in United.

Later,
Rico

tofster
12th Nov 2005, 20:14
Rico I'm afraid that you do need the right to work in the USA to fly for United in the US. You do not need this to work for them at LHR. There are no recruitment plans for LHR at the moment.

T x

RicoStyle
13th Nov 2005, 22:49
Thank you for your answer Tofster.

I would like to apply for the LHR or Paris bases, but I can't find any contact where I could send my resume. Would you have any clue?

See Ya,
Rico

tofster
15th Nov 2005, 15:56
Its hard to say Rico, UAL have not hired new FA's at LHR for over 7 years and so much has changed since then. There is no point sending a CV as so many people I know have done this over the years and have recieved nothing in reply. The last time they hired they had a HUGE open recruitment day at the Ranaissance Hotel on the Bath Road at LHR. These were walk in interviews and were advertised in Skyport aswell as other tabloids. All the best Rico!!

T x

RicoStyle
15th Nov 2005, 19:58
I understand. Thank you though.
Anyway, do you know if there are others Americans companies based in Europe?

pinkstar83
17th Nov 2005, 22:34
I am Canadian, do I have a right to work in US or would I have to apply for working visa without even getting employeed yet?:confused:

What is United like anyways?
pay? benefits (accomodation, annual leave tickets)? working conditions?
Where are the crews mostly from?
Do you get to fly all destinations?

20driver
17th Nov 2005, 22:41
pinkstar
You'd need a visa. These positions are not covered under the TN group so you need a labor certification and your are not going to get one for a FA position.
20driver

bartygwailo
7th Dec 2005, 15:54
if you want to fly to the US you could apply to Air New Zealand london base. They fly exclusively to LA.