PDA

View Full Version : UK initial IR. SE or ME guidance needed

Flingingwings
10th Nov 2005, 23:11
Hi folks,

In common with many I'm looking for some advice. I hold a JAA CPL(H) with FI rating. Currently full time (ish) employed as an FI. About 700 hrs TT, predominately SE piston about 20 hrs turbine (B206/EC120).

Ultimate goal is working within the UK onshore corporate market.

I've managed to secure sufficient funds that I can complete a JAA IR. I'm southern UK based and Mrs FW will not consider moving right up north. Given her long standing patience during my training so far I daren't try to force the issue :uhoh:

I'm aiming to be in the right place at the right time and suitably qualified to stand a realistic chance of proving I deserve an onshore co-pilots job.

I'm happy to be patient and I'm working on the networking.

I've searched previous IR threads and accept that procedures are procedures regardless of a/c type but I need to make this course as beneficial as possible both in terms of improving my flying and my overall employment prospects.

So do I go SE IR and give Mrs FW the new kitchen she craves, or ME IR and :mad: the kitchen?????

Any thoughts or guidance from those I aspire to join most gratefully received.

Regards and thanks,

FW

jeepys
11th Nov 2005, 10:50
Go Bristows IR. Excellent course. They have an unbeatable record. You will learn lots. Yes it is only a single IR but if you think you need to do the twin option with somebody else (as I know a lot of other people may suggest) to stand a better chance of getting a job then good luck. I think you will find it very hard to get a job flying P1 instrument with no real IR experience after the course. You will stand a better chance however of getting a job flying P2 (S76, 365 for example) in which case you will have to do the twin IR upgrade to that machine anyway. Doing the IR on the 355 is an option but is it likely to make much of a difference to your chance of getting a job. I personally dont think so. Good luck. And no I am not an employee of Bristows.