PDA

View Full Version : JetSet Air of the UK

densityaltitude
10th Nov 2005, 21:02
Eclipse have announced an order from JetSet Air of the UK for 30 Eclipse 500 very light jets

Does anyone know who they are................?

Sorry order is actually 50 (25/25), from Eclipse website:

JetSet Air Ltd intends to offer a new level of on-demand taxi jet and scheduled shuttle services from the UK to popular European and UK destinations. The company also plans to offer customers a JetSet Card in 25, 50 and 100 hour increments. JetSet Air has purchased 50 Eclipse 500s, with 25 firm orders and 25 options, and plans to begin operations in the first 24 months of Eclipse 500 production.

Abbeville
11th Nov 2005, 04:32
Nowt on Google :confused:

EI-CGO
11th Nov 2005, 11:46
I'm always a bit wary about these huge orders placed by companies no one seems to have heard of,

Slightly off the topic but how do the big boys feel about the potential raft of new operators that could spring up with the affordability of some of these aircraft ? Will it eat into their market ?

theWings
11th Nov 2005, 16:01
Not sure if it will eat into anyone's market: range means they won't compete with high-end airline seats and pax will most likely be different from LoCo and charter.

Instead, it will rely on the hardest route to success: creating it's own market, as did the Orange LoCo (and, funnily enough, Orange mobile) when they started. Return on investment will be much, much better than current LoCo model but only when critical mass has been reached.

But it is the future and it's not orange!

jstars2
25th Jan 2006, 10:29
Anyone got details of a main base or contact numbers/email address for JetSet Air? If it looks like it’s going ahead, I’m thinking I’d like to get an application in.