PDA

View Full Version : Battersea Heliport loses Grandfather?

Earpiece
22nd Dec 2000, 01:36
OK so you didn't like the Robinson Ladies!

I've heard that the CAA has withdrawn Grandfather Rights at Battersea Heliport on the sale to Mr Fayed.

ICAO Annex 14 dimensions now apply unless you get an exemption - but from what and does it apply to public transport operations only?

"Keeping an ear to the ground"

Fortyodd
22nd Dec 2000, 03:46
Hmmmm, perhaps we'd better warn the Battersea Pigeons to keep an eye out for an inbound Cat!

ANOrak
23rd Dec 2000, 19:49
You will be pleased to hear that the only helicopter which, technically, can use Battersea under the new licence is - yes, you've guessed it A ROBINSON!

A109
29th Dec 2000, 03:38
I believe it applies to Scheduled flights only and all other flights will merely have to ensure that they can land safely within an undersized FATO as we have been doing all these years. Keep an eye on the situation though!

EESDL
2nd Jan 2001, 18:22
If you are still not happy with the size of the site....just let the A109 in first, then after you have cleared all the FOD away, there should be plenty of room for everybody :-)

stopachoppa
4th Jan 2001, 20:04
Then again you can always wait for EESDL to move all the grog he unloaded from the B206 and then nick his parking space!

(EESDL - did you know that you were voted this years "God of the Ground Crew"!!)

EESDL
5th Jan 2001, 22:47
Well I do now!!
A slab of beer post-flight is one Truckie tradition that I like to maintain....
Get some more lumpy jumpers on your groundcrew books, mind you I haven't met all the current ones yet.......One way of ensuring adequate crew rest is to put me in the same room as "I've just tapped off but I think I'll fall asleep" Grant!