PDA

View Full Version : Convert JAA CPL to FAA CPL

heliheaven
10th Nov 2005, 12:00
Hi,
I am looking for some advice I hold a JAA CPL have 3000hrs need to get a FAA CPL quickly! Will be in US next week is it possible to do the training next week? What is required? I believe there is a visa issue now! Any recomendations on a good school? Please help need to book flight to US today just need a destination!!

Thanks HH:O

velboy
10th Nov 2005, 16:01
If you do not have you TSA forms completed then you need to do this before you can fly

https://www.flightschoolcandidates.gov/

Took about 14days from start to finish

md 600 driver
10th Nov 2005, 16:52
why not do it in the uk there is a examiner and lots of cfi s
you have to do flight test and i think 3 hrs with a cfi , faa medical,and some ground exams all possible in the uk no need for the us visa problems and its not like the caa the examiner is trusted to give you a licence [temp there and then]

any probs please pm me

heliheaven
10th Nov 2005, 17:13
unfortunately had bad experience with faa commercial in uk. it would mean i have to do 3 hrs flight training plus ppl witten and practical exam before even starting commercial. if go to usa i can have restricted ppl issued over the counter then just do training. cheaper this way and passing thru the states anyway. but thanks. is that Steve A??!

md 600 driver
10th Nov 2005, 17:25
yes its me sent you pm with tel no

wesp
11th Nov 2005, 07:28
You only need to do:

1. Commercial written test.
2. 3 hours of flying training in preparation for the checkride.
3. Checkride

Since you're already a JAA CPL you'd probably don't need TSA clearance, but you can check that at www.flightschoolcandidates.gov

You don't need a visa since you're already a CPL.

You can do it in the UK or in the US.

PM me if you have further questions.

CFI

The Ferret
11th Nov 2005, 10:16
.........are you talking here about aeroplanes or helicopters?

The Ferret
:cool: