PDA

View Full Version : North Sea Photo's

NorthSeaTiger
10th Nov 2005, 11:06
Hello, just wandering if anyone has any good photo's of the North sea machines ?
I know there is "Rotorheads around the world" but I am specifically looking for European North Sea, i.e BA Helicopters, North Scottish, BCAL, Bristow, BIH, Bond, Maersk, Helikopter Service etc.

Cheers NST

If you have photographs on your computer which are not on a website, this photo-hosting service is reliable and free:
Photobucket.com (http://www.photobucket.com/)

Heliport

TeeS
10th Nov 2005, 22:51
Hi Speechless

Those photos brought back some memories, I have one showing 2 BCal 61's ahead with a 214 on the deck of the Ark - again off Cape Wrath. Taken from PF with Pat Bainbridge as Captain, date of that one was June 18 1987. Happy Days! FD in BCal colours was a little before my time though!

Didn't PF go off to Hummingbird in the Maldives? What ever happened to her after that?

Cheers

TeeS

Geoffersincornwall
10th Nov 2005, 23:14
Not strictly thread-compliant but thought the old BCAL hands would like to know that I've just heard that G-LINK is here in Brazil. It's now just an empty fuselage sitting behind a hangar in Sao Paulo.

G

:ok:

Cyclic Hotline
11th Nov 2005, 03:31
G-LINK is one of the aircraft mentioned in the Helicopter Scam thread. The Bank believes they are pristine machines, just itching to go back to work.

Apparently they take a dim view of people snooping around, and more than one have ended up in the hands of the local cops!

Brian Abraham
11th Nov 2005, 04:05
TeeS,
Do you have a contact for Pat Bainbridge? Joined Oz navy with him, on course together etc but lost contact when he joined Bristows North Sea in the early '70's.
Blue Skies,
Brian

Blind
11th Nov 2005, 08:21
Pat currently works at CHC Scotia in Aberdeen. Either write to hime there or if you PM your details I can forward them to him.

Thud_and_Blunder
11th Nov 2005, 20:30
Speechless,

Your phantom editor is probably the moderator - they're the only people with access to the posts in such a manner, unless you left your log-in on the work computer.

There appears to be a thing against copyright notices on this board - I submitted a phot for the picture thread but received a snottagram asking me to alter/remove it owing to the presence of the writing. I've not been back to check the site rules, so I don't know if it's Danny's policy or just a personal thing on the part of a moderator.

TeeS
11th Nov 2005, 21:33
Sorry Brian, I have not seen Pat since the dreaded Bristow take over!

This is photo I mentioned - Poor quality because it was scanned out of my log book.

TeeS

http://members.lycos.co.uk/aircrewselection/photos/ark1.JPG

P.S. Sorry for the thread hijack, this really isn't North Sea!!