PDA

View Full Version : Credit where credit's due

VHF FLYER
9th Nov 2005, 19:36
It doesn't take much browsing on this forum to see that this is the place where us frequent flyers like to have a moan. But what about this?....

Got out of bed this morning at 5.15. Shaved, showered and got changed. Taxi to Manchester Airport - 10 miles or 14 km approx.
Checked in (Lufthansa) got boarding card, walked through security, bought newspaper, bought Euros, bought coffee and pain au raisin, walked to gate lounge and sat down, looked at watch - IT WAS 6.20!!

Totally amazing and a credit to all involved.

I know we love to have a go sometimes but this really is an example of how good an experience air travel can still be when it all goes to plan. And all this in a 23 MPPA airport!!
I'd just like to say thanks.

Globaliser
10th Nov 2005, 06:56
To add to good experiences, I arrived from HKG at the beginning of the week, right at the back of the aircraft. STA 0450, ATA 0448. In baggage hall by 0505. Went to the loo to clean my teeth and wash my face. Came out 5 minutes later to find both bags already on belt. Walked down to Tube, got on the second train of the day, departing 0523. One change of Tube, in through office door (in City) at 0610.

And despite our moans, the reality is that it goes right far more than it goes wrong.