PDA

View Full Version : BA0908 8th November

FlyingFox 29
9th Nov 2005, 15:56
Was SLF on this one and just thought I'd share this as an example of how to do it right.

Here's a copy of what has just been emailed to BA Customer Services:

"Dear Sir/Madam,

I just wanted to take a moment of your time and bring to your attention the excellent service from the cabin and flight deck crew operating the above detailed flight.

Firstly the overall courtesy and professionalism of the crew was exemplary of smart, succinct, courteous service. Specifically that of the CSD (I'm sorry, I'm awful with names so please excuse the impersonal reference to 'the CSD') when it was discovered that the water supply was tainted with a noticeably high level of purifying agent.

She decided to withdraw the tea and coffee service and promptly announced her decision. I think all points were covered by the PA which included:
A brief explanation of the problem, which more than justified the decision.
A sincere and personal apology.
An apology on behalf of BA.
An assurance that the crew would do all they could to be of assistance and to make the remainder of the flight enjoyable (and by all impressions they did just that).

She then followed this up by walking the length of the cabin and answering passengers' questions (and possibly complaints). Overall, a superbly dealt with incident which became a non-event.

Add to that informative and timely updates from the flight deck with just the right amount personal flair to remind us that auto pilots have a long way to go before they can take-over entirely.

Having experienced mediocre and sometimes apalling service in so many other areas where one is also a "customer", I do believe in giving credit where it is due.

Well Done and Thank You to the crew involved.

Yours Sincerely
FF29er <name changed to protect the guilty>

PS: Thankfully that timely PA from the CSD made me refuse my first ever BA cuppa. It smelt awful!"

:ok: