PDA

View Full Version : K-MAX in Taiwan

Pac Rotors
3rd Feb 2001, 00:27
PHI and local operator Daily Air have started operating a K-MAX on construction work in Taiwan. Just got back from there after looking at the operation and very impressive. Aircraft looks great in PHI colours. Aparently its the first time a K-MAX has been bought solely for construction work.

leading edge
5th Feb 2001, 19:52
Pac Rotors

Sounds like a bit of a change for a company like PHI. Any chance of you posting a pic of the K-Max in PHI colours?

Thanks

LE

Pac Rotors
5th Feb 2001, 22:39
Still learning how to work the forum so if you can advise how to upload a pic it would be appreciated and then will upload the Kmax one.

leading edge
6th Feb 2001, 20:18
Helidrvr, somebody, please advise how Pac rotors can do this. Perhaps our internet marketing whiz chopper 1 can help!!!!

Seriously though can somebody advise???

LE

stopachoppa
6th Feb 2001, 20:37
When you reply to a message look on the left hand side of the text box just under the "Your Reply:" statement.

Click on the HTML or UBB code hyperlink and a new window opens explaining how to do all sorts of neat stuff. In brief the extract below explains how to include an Image in your replies!

"To add a graphic within your message, just encase the URL of the graphic image as shown in the following example (UBBCode™ is in red).

http://www.infopop.com/artwork/footer_logotype.gif
In the example above, the UBBCode™ automatically makes the graphic visible in your message. Note: the "http://" part of the URL is REQUIRED for the [img] code. Also note: some UBB forums may disable the [img] tag support to prevent objectionable images from being viewed."

http://www.elitehelicopters.co.uk/images/fadelogo166_50.gif

Clever stuff!!

[This message has been edited by stopachoppa (edited 06 February 2001).]

SPS
11th Feb 2001, 07:23
Well done Stoppa, been meaning to figure this for ages but as always......TIME!

I'll have a fiddle with it and before long all sorts of pic's will appear (not too many!)

Pac Rotors, Thanks for the copy of the mag, arrived a couple of days ago. Bit confused on the Vortex ring article though, can only find one on LTE. Change of plan or something?

Anyway, some excellent pictures.

SPS

Pac Rotors
14th Feb 2001, 05:20
Am at Heli Expo at the moment but as soon as I get home will post a couple. I know that Leading Edge will love to see them posted :)

leading edge
14th Feb 2001, 17:36
Pac Rotors

Yes I would like to see a couple posted. Just saw your Heli Expo edition, brilliant magazine, great cover shot!! Your magazine is making the other industry pubications look very poor in comparison.

Thanks

LE

Pac Rotors
14th Feb 2001, 20:09
Thanks for the comments re the magazine. The pics will be scanned in as soon as I get home from Heli Expo, currently at LAX awaiting 12 hnour flight departure for AKL.

Part II should result in some impressive images. Had a chat with an friend, Phil Kemp from AK and he has invited me up north to visit their lifting ops so should be an interesting trip. :)

PR

leading edge
15th Feb 2001, 19:47
Pac Rotors

What is the name of the company that Phil Kemp is working for? What are they using for lifting? Phil is also an old friend, known each other for over 20 years.

LE

Pac Rotors
16th Feb 2001, 08:45
He is working for Silver Bay Logging flying S-61s from what I understand. Based in Juneau, AK. If you send me an email I will send you some images to post in the forum if you like.

Phil Kemp
16th Feb 2001, 09:24
Yep, I'm out here! ;)

Had great fun at the HAI, although the weather was more reminiscent of Sumburgh than California! But then again the night-life was more reminiscent of Sumburgh than California, it appeared that at least all the people in one corner of the Hilton had been there at one time or another!

Will try and get some pictures Pac, but am pretty busy right now. Should calm down when I get back to Alaska.

Probably one or two others I might know here?

Larry
16th Feb 2001, 09:30
Hi
Is Siller Bay Logging still flying any CH-54A Tarhes (Skycrane)? Can someone post a pic of their S-61s ?

Thanks

Pac Rotors
16th Feb 2001, 10:49
You are talking about two different companies, Siller Bros operate the Skycranes and Silver Bay logging have the S-61s up in AK

Larry
16th Feb 2001, 19:54
I did a mis-spell. I meant Silver Bay Loggings CH-54As. I have a pic of the crash of one of Silver bays CH-54s from a few years ago....im wondering if they have any other CH-54As still working. Ive seen all of Siller Bros.S-64/CH-54As down here in LA over the years, even the green one , that i here is being overhauled and fitted with a Erickson firefighting tank systen for the 2001 fire season.Siller bought two tank systems from Erickson.
Siller parks their Cranes at Van Nuys Airport quite often.