PDA

View Full Version : Once a Reject, always a Reject? Second attempts.

Airist
9th Nov 2005, 13:38
Have just had a rejection from an outfit I really wanted to work for. :{ My own fault; I have very low hours and the sim check was one extended brain-fart. But it still hurts. :{

I really DO want to work for these people and intend to go away, fly myself ragged, and try again. So my question is: Has anyone out there been rejected, gone back for another shot, and got through? Can it be done? I've never heard of it happening, but no-one tells me anything.

Flying Farmer
9th Nov 2005, 14:57
Yes is the answer, have just heard this morning that I have got through the sim ride two years after the first attampt.

Similar position to yourself, first time round I didn't have the experience to get through, two years later the result was different.

Keep at it, it will happen :ok:

Loony_Pilot
9th Nov 2005, 15:42
Hi,

Yes, you will get more chances.
I have failed things in the past and had 2nd and even 3rd attempts over time.
I've just passed my line check and am now flying in the RHS of a shiny 737 now!

Dont give up, stick with it.

LP

MJR
9th Nov 2005, 15:44
Was that BACX then?

airpilot
9th Nov 2005, 15:47
Dont worry, I to have made a right **** up and it cost me my FO position. I was imature,under confident and skills not developed enough. Thats a year ago and since then I have become an IRI, examiner, more confident and matured. I just wasn't ready. Next time I shall crack it.

redsnail
9th Nov 2005, 22:16
FF,
A big congrats from us. :D Well done.
Experience and perserverence pays off.
Enjoy your hangover :E :ok:

Leo45
10th Nov 2005, 08:01
Well done Flying Farmer! Congratulations!

Having read your previous posts, I can say that your story is an inspiration to those who are over 40.

Which company is it, if I may ask?

Airist
11th Nov 2005, 14:57
Not wishing to interrupt the congrats to FF.... But Thanks everyone for the responses. I'm still licking my wounds, but feel a lot more optimistic. I'll be baaaaaaack........... :cool:

Craggenmore
11th Nov 2005, 15:28
I know of a BA wannabee who passed at his 4th attempt...

Keep going, you know you love it ;)

skywaytoheaven
11th Nov 2005, 16:34
Are you crazy? You think that one airline knockback and that should be it? If you give up after 1 rejection then this is not the game for you! With recruitment there are so many variables, your performance on a particular day, the personality of the guy interviewing you, the number of people they have just recruited, the colour of your tie - the list is endless! I know a guy that failed an interview with a regional airline in the UK but got into Cathay no problem. There are tons of airlines out there, some of which you are suited to, some not so. To even think that you cannot come back from a no-no is a big no-no!
Good luck.

A320rider
11th Nov 2005, 17:32
if everybody spend 4 x 350 euro for 4 interviews,probably the crazies one who ask to spend another 350 euro for a 5th selection will get the job.

:{

@cragenmore
please,keep quiet, airlines need money!

Airist
11th Nov 2005, 17:54
Skyway, I must've not been quite clear. The original question was about a second chance with the same airline The question of my sanity is another one altogether.

skywaytoheaven
11th Nov 2005, 18:54
Ok, having reread your post i see you mean 1 particular airline. Well i guess it depends on that airline, speaking from experience i am currently about to work for an airline which i interviewed twice for, due to myself screwing up one particular aspect of their selection process first time round, they said reapply in 6 months, so i did and got in. There are quite a few airlines that invite reapplications, there are also some which probably won't even remember your first application if you reapply in a few months time! In the mean time probably best to extend your experience - instructing, aerial photography, use the Trident sim at Biggin (or some other sim) just keep it ticking over. Good luck

porchini
14th Nov 2005, 22:30
It´s my opinion that your chances are even greater now. I failed the final interview at TYR 8 months ago, came back and made it at the 2. attempt. I learned from my mistakes. It seems You´ve taken the first step by realizing your mistakes and You probably have an idea on how to prepare yourself, so it wont happen again. You now know what it takes and only You know how You can make it. With that in mind your initial position at the 2. attempt is far better than that of all the other suckers trying :E

Airist
16th Nov 2005, 11:38
Porchini, if I had a spare million or two, you could have them! Thanks. Because of course, the battle now is to stay positive...

Jockflyer
18th Nov 2005, 08:45
Airist,

Keep plugging away with the company. Show them you are keen. Ask for feedback as to why you didn't get in. I did the above and got in with a company on the second attempt, 6 month after screwing up the first interview.

Good luck.

JF