PDA

View Full Version : ATR F/O Jobs?

Scanwing
9th Nov 2005, 08:47
Dear all colleauges,

Does anybody know if there is any ATR operators that presently looking for rated and experienced ATR F/O´s? Preferably on contract.

Happy for any answers,

Scanwing

Troy McClure
9th Nov 2005, 09:21
Just checked who's got ATRs on the CAA's database of registrations:

http://www.caa.co.uk/application.aspx?categoryid=60&pagetype=65&applicationid=1

Type 'ATR' in the 'Aircraft Type or Name' box and see what it comes up with (Aurigny, Atlantic, and Air Wales).

Try calling each of them for a start.

michaelknight
9th Nov 2005, 10:05
Try Aer Arann, they were recruting type rated guys a couple of weeks ago. If you have experience on type you may get considered even at this late stage. Heard they are looking for a large number of pilots, in the region of 80 next year to facilitate a large expansion.

Conc
9th Nov 2005, 13:22
Aer Arann and Air Atlantique are both recruiting ATR crew at the moment.

Global Pilot
9th Nov 2005, 13:32
Try Air Contractors aswell.
Check you PMs for an email address for you to use.

rgds,
GP.

hotelmodemetar
9th Nov 2005, 14:51
At present nobody hires any ATR42/72 pilots:(
Unfortunately, too many people have the ATR rating now.
It is actualy much more interesting to have a BAE146 TR or a Dash 8 TR.
I am in the same situation like yours: 300 hours on ATR42/72 (I used to fly in a Bloody ****y french company so called AIRLINAIR.:yuk: )

In India, they are looking for captains only:mad:

Aer Arann and Air Atlantique are both recruiting ATR crew at the moment.

Unfortunately this stament is false:\\

ATR Operator
9th Nov 2005, 15:12
hotelmodemetar, unfortunately your statement isn't true. Aer Arann were indeed recruiting in the past couple of weeks type rated FO's. Perhaps your CV didn't match their requirements at this time.

Scanwing
9th Nov 2005, 15:47
Many thanks for your replys, I did send one application to Aer Arann earlier today. Let see what happens there.

I have previosly been with the airline on a 6 month contract. My experience is 1650 tot and 1300 on the ATR.

ATR Operator
9th Nov 2005, 16:16
Scanwing, just realised who you are. Hope you are keeping well. I'd give the relevant people a call, you know who they are and i'm sure they will do their best for you. Hope to see you soon in costa na mara again!

Space_odyssey
9th Nov 2005, 21:40
"Hotelmodemetar"

I`d listen to "Conc`s" advice, he knows everything !

hotelmodemetar
10th Nov 2005, 08:57
I`d listen to "Conc`s" advice, he knows everything !

I DID send my CV actually, but i still have no call :{
Perhaps those people were already waiting for long.

QUESTION: do you think Aer Arann is going to get more planes by 2006, and how many?
Thank'sssss

If anybody can give some "links" (chief pilots' email, etc...) by Private Message, please go ahead! ;) ....

HOTELMODEMETAR, grounded ATR pilot :sad:

10th Nov 2005, 22:23
Also: I'd listen to space as he knows everything.

He flys helicopters for the government amongst other things.

FougaMagister
11th Nov 2005, 13:38
No point sending your CV to Aer Arann, they have an application form right on their website. If you really want to spend money on snail mail, check out www.ppjn.com.

:cool:

frouda
5th Dec 2005, 12:06
Try Farnair Europe, Switzerland, www.farnair.com

Trainee pilot
5th Dec 2005, 19:29
Or try www.britishpilots.co.uk

Permafrost_ATPL
6th Dec 2005, 10:12
Have you tried Aurigny?

http://www.aurigny.com/content.asp?pageID=400

Turboprop First Officers - Type-rating on either ATR42/72, Shorts 360

Good luck!

P

hotelmodemetar
6th Dec 2005, 14:38
For Aurigny, look what they reply at the moment..

Dear Mr XXXXXXXXXXXX,

Thank you for your recent letter concerning employment with Aurigny Air Services.

Regrettably we have no vacancies at the present time, however, with your permission we shall hold your details on file and should suitable vacancy arise you will be given consideration.

I wish you every success in your career, and thank you for your interest in our company.

Yours sincerely,

Mrs Gun Carlsson
Aircrew Recruitment

:\

iambankrupt
12th Dec 2005, 10:27
Well I was thinking of taking an ATR type rating, but I am not sure this is a good idea now.

There seems to be a lot of unemployed ATR pilots around at the moment.

I was talking to a rated pilot over the weekend he is aware of over 17 other unemployed ATR pilots.

I only have about 250 hours if I was to take this type rating what chance do I have of getting a job? Especially when you see from this thread there are ATR pilots with 1300 hours on type without a job.

I am told the market tends to pick-up between January and March, is this true?

BlueVolta
13th Dec 2005, 08:35
Too much ATR FO on the market at the moment!
Even with experience on type I couldn't find a job as FO on this type...

The Flying Cokeman
14th Dec 2005, 10:41
Bluevolta,
I think you will see more recruitments in Aer Arann, Ireland soon as many pilots are leaving at the moment. About 10 capts./FO's have resigned within the last few weeks. So keep trying:ok:

Coke forever

hotelmodemetar
15th Dec 2005, 14:45
Can anybody tell me if it is mandatory to speak german at CONTACT AIR ??
Thank you :confused:

potter5
17th Dec 2005, 17:29
Iambankrupt
Just to answer your earlier question, yes I believe ATR recruitment will pick up between January and March. This is the case for recruitment on most aircraft types.

I am told some of the more experienced turbo prop pilots move over to jets, which means the opportunity for lower hour pilots to move onto the Turbo props.

I completed my ATR rating earlier this year. I have no job yet, so I hope things pick up then!!

hotelmodemetar
28th Dec 2005, 11:16
According to ppjn.com the company Air Wales called some people for interviews last week? any info? I thought Air Wales was going to call around March :confused:

potter5
29th Dec 2005, 20:21
Unfortunatly they didn't call me for interview!

I heard they were looking for 2 external with type ratings and, 2 who will be offered a job though personal recommondations but they will have pay for there own type rating after the job offer.

Radar Identified
29th Dec 2005, 22:10
Potter5

Check P.M

R.I

No_Speed_Restriction
30th Dec 2005, 06:38
potter5, maybe you lacked previous experience in crew-bus driving; a must for all budding ATR FO's.

Chirolin
30th Dec 2005, 10:34
Unfortunatly they didn't call me for interview also.
I completed my ATR rating last year. I have no job yet.
I hope job market pick up in the new year.

chirolin

hotelmodemetar
30th Dec 2005, 10:54
I heard they were looking for 2 external with type ratings and, 2 who will be offered a job though personal recommondations

Probably the 2 externals with TR were also recommended ... :ugh:

ATR is probably the most economical regional airliner (compared to the EMB 145 or CRJs :yuk: )...

Any News about Aer Arann's plan for 2006 ?

Thank's

Radar Identified
30th Dec 2005, 11:27
Aer Arann are definitely hiring in the new year.

It will be a mixture of typed and non-typed guys. They have large plans for fleet expansion over the next two years. Both that and the normal bleed of TP pilots to jets will ensure a healthy bout of recruitment next year.

Regards

R.I

hotelmodemetar
30th Dec 2005, 14:43
Thank you RI, i hope you are right !! :ok: