PDA

View Full Version : telephone

nick p
8th Nov 2005, 20:07
How irate do operators get if you ring them up, Im thinking of ringing flybe as I know they're supposed to be recruiting?.

YYZ
8th Nov 2005, 20:30
They all differ, try using a different name, if they’re OK, then recall being yourself.

Honesty tends to be the best policy?

YYZ

Luke SkyToddler
8th Nov 2005, 20:30
Depends ...

If you've got an ATPL and a couple thousand hours command on the dash 8 I'm sure they wouldn't be too miffed at you :ok:

But I wouldn't bother otherwise.

Can't speak for Flybe but I know our chief pilot gets completely p*ssed off with it, and has a habit of putting big black 'X's on the CVs of people that ring him up and pester him.

Dude~
8th Nov 2005, 22:41
Just of interest, who do you work for Luke?:p

Longchop
9th Nov 2005, 12:08
Luke, if i remember correctly,your Ops Dir is a complete tool anyway! Ring him for a job or not he still a miserable old git!!

Personally, i ring operators......I wouldnt have my current job had i not rang them after being rejected......2hrs later i have a sim assessment next week............

What have you got to lose?

Just another student
9th Nov 2005, 12:20
This is a question I've been asking myself.I figured I would leave doing so until later on, as I have only just sent off my first C.V.'s this week.

Is it a case of just phoning up and asking whether or not the company is hiring and finding out who to write to etc ? If so then I should be doing that already.Or should I be blunt and just ask for an interview ;) (just kidding)

JAS