PDA

View Full Version : Flightschool in Lebanon-Help badly needed

Egyptair
8th Nov 2005, 18:37
I ve heard about a flightschool in Beirut that gives the CPL in 6months for a very good cost ,but i cant find any website for them niether i do know anyone in lebanon to ask .

Does anyone have any idea how can i contact them or any info?

Thanks

wastafarian
9th Nov 2005, 03:25
Probably just an urban myth-- my experience, nothing is cheap in Lebanon.

OD-AFA
9th Nov 2005, 04:11
I spoke with a gentleman who is in the process of starting up a flightschool. I believe it should be up and running in a few months.

My best advice is to wait for the next few weeks and then give the local FBO, at Beirut airport, a call.

It should be a top-notch operation, based on the gentleman's passed experience, and his integrity as an individual.

Hope that helps.

LHmain
9th Nov 2005, 06:42
JR Executive has a school in operation. Contact Georges Hhoury, he is a nice guy and will give you the info you need at [email protected]

Egyptair
9th Nov 2005, 07:55
Thanks for the info

LHmain :Thanks for the e-mail i contacted him , what is a JR Executive ??

LHmain
11th Nov 2005, 10:42
Name of the FBO

Desert Whine
11th Nov 2005, 18:55
nothing is cheap in Lebanon....except brill cream, big egos and bullet holes. :rolleyes:

gives the CPL in 6months for a very good cost I'm sure if you offered a little more cash, the world's sleaziest bunch could do you up a CPL in a lot less time than that and throw in a membership to some nice sleazy clubs too. :rolleyes:

Might even be about as good as one of them shufti CPLs from N Africa..... :rolleyes:

Egyptair
11th Nov 2005, 20:22
hi Desert Whine,

Where is these flight schools ?

the cost im talking about is 22000$ including everything

Thanks

skygod
12th Nov 2005, 10:56
Hi there Egyptair,
I would recomend you also try royal jordanian flight acdemy, not to sure a bout the website, but im sure they 've got one, other wise the cheapest flight trianing is in the usa. No visa, then try south africa (43rd air school) all the best egyptair

Egyptair
13th Nov 2005, 13:00
In Jordan its 42000$ and it takes 18months (without accomodation) .........totaly expensive and unfair

in South africa it takes 14-18 months for about 32000$(with accomodation)

in Egypt it takes 15-18 months for about 25000$ (with accomodation at elarish)

as i heard, in Lebanon it takes 6months for 22000$(with accomodation)

as u can see lebanon is the best deal thats why i asked for it
also i woud like to know the range of time and cost in USA??

Skygod
please check your email

thanks

concordino
13th Nov 2005, 13:16
Egyptair,

You sound very enthusiastic in your quest which actualy motivated me to reply to your inquiry.

My advice to you is not to set your mind on Lebanon simply because it is the cheapest or shortest place to do your CPL training.

Remember that quality is of an important essence when considering initial flight training and even if the cost varies as much as 10000 dollars, it is all worth it down the line provided it is done with reputable schools.

I hope you do get some concrete answers to your question.

Good Luck

:cool:

Egyptair
13th Nov 2005, 21:23
concordino

Thanks for ur reply,

actually the person i heard about got his flight training in Lebanon and was hired by my national airliner EGYPTAIR which is my target , so i think its reputation is good in Egypt.

on the other hand ,yes cost does differ for me since i have max. budget limit for this training and cant exceed it , and the cost variation bet. flight schools is scary and i m afraid to spend extra money for lies.

R u from Lebanon?

hafez
13th Nov 2005, 21:33
The training in Egypt is supposed to be quite good if you are looking to fly for EgyptAir man. If its money you are worried about its only 3000 more which you would prob spend on flights over there and back. Stuff is cheaper in Egypt than lebanon so it would be a "better cost of living" in egypt :ok: and its better that you get the course done in a longer time anyway i'd say because you need time to get to know everything. Don't want to be failing exams or anything :mad:

Good Luck

skygod
15th Nov 2005, 16:41
Hi there Egypt air,
Based on my analysis of the whole flight training process. I strongly recommend you stay in egypt. You'll probbaly spend more than 3000 usd buying tickets and making phone calls back home. all the best

skygod

Egyptair
15th Nov 2005, 19:11
Yes i think thats the right decision, i ll stay in Egypt

Thanks guys for helping .