PDA

View Full Version : Jump Seat Policy

Blah Blah Fishpaste
8th Nov 2005, 06:26
Does anybody have any info or an update as to what is happening wrt jumpseat priveliges between SAA and SAX?

Both carriers have crew that live away from their ops base and need/want to jumpseat home, preferably without a ticket otherwise what is the point of that?;)

nugpot
8th Nov 2005, 19:45
There have been initial discussions between the two ALPA branches, but I don't know what progress has been made at the respective companies.

Blah Blah Fishpaste
12th Nov 2005, 19:36
Seems to be a touchy subject as well, cant see any reason why it should be a problem?
I guess it would just be helping our fellow aviators out, now wheres the fun in that...

tic
12th Nov 2005, 22:50
Since 9/11, in Gulf Air, no flt deck jump seat, for anyone, unless a pilot in uniform, going to or from a duty. No cabin jump seat, unless employed by the airline. No wife or family, in the flt deck, and God forbit any eager children, who would just love to come and see the cockpit. Understandable, but takes one of the "pleasures" away.
tic

Blah Blah Fishpaste
14th Nov 2005, 13:13
I was refering to the policy whereby either or could request a jumpseat (in uniform) on the other carrier without a ticket? I know its gone to the unions but its been quite since...