PDA

View Full Version : Desperately seeking Gyro camera mount

The angry palm tree
13th Aug 2001, 12:02
I wonder if anyone out there knows of a second hand gyro stabalised camera mount?? I'm looking for a Wescam or a Flir type, or in fact any type really. I'm attaching it to a Squirrel (AS350) but if you've got one thats come off a Jet Ranger (although god knows why you'd have one on one of those two bladed slappers)let me know, I can always get a new adapter for the squirrel. I've also got the actual camera gear that sits inside it, but I don't mind buying a complete one if the price is good!

Help!!

I love Jet Rangers really, it's just they don't normally handle gyro mounts too well, something to do with sympathetic resonance.

Pac Rotors
13th Aug 2001, 13:05
I know of a few operators with them, let me know where your AS-350 is based and will see what i can come up with.

The angry palm tree
13th Aug 2001, 13:25
Hi Pac

I've spoken to a couple of operators in NZ, I'm really looking to source either in US, UK or I suppose in Oz if there are any there.

All help appreciated of course.

John Eacott
14th Aug 2001, 04:03
Angry,

I've E mailed you with contact details, 24" Wescam with Thompson 1657 ML FIT head, 16:9 or 4:3 capable, digital output, etc, for sale now, ex Melbourne, Squirrel & JetRanger mounts available.

And we shoot handheld from our JetRangers, not a trace of shake if they're tracked properly. <0.07ips is normally achieved at speeds up to 100kias, we go for best vibs at 40-60kts, usually achieve <0.05ips (vertical & lateral)