PDA

View Full Version : ASIC - knock backs?

Aussie
7th Nov 2005, 11:44
Gday all,

Anyone applied for an ASIC and been knocked back?

What if you did something stupid when you were younger? How seriously do they take this?

Without an ASIC pilots would loose there jobs if operating into airfields requiring an ASIC and they couldnt get one coz of something they did a while back?

Anyone know how they judge weather your able to get an ASIC?

thanks for any comments.

Aussie

psycho joe
7th Nov 2005, 11:49
Australian security checks are both complex and hi-tech... if your name ends in Laden, you fail

DeltaSix
7th Nov 2005, 20:16
I think they also take into consideration which country you have been with in the last year up to now.

Problem is if you have a relative who is a known subversive then it might affect you as well.

In regards to losing your job if you can't get an ASIC then I guess there is always an avenue of appeal.

D6

Sunfish
7th Nov 2005, 21:15
If you read the explanatory material, I think you will find that you have to do something pretty substantial to get rejected.

Security check - Shouldn't be a problem if you aren't muslim.

Criminal records check - "Relevent offences" include:

crimes involving dishonesty(read stealing baggage and camel suits)
violence
Terrorism offences
Aviation type offences

So assuming your crimes are sexual in nature you should be all right:}

Vacant Towers
8th Nov 2005, 00:45
Perhaps we will all fail:{

Every person is capable of engaging in the full spectrum of activities between those of Mother Teresa and those of Hitler.

I will most certainly fail as I am a member of a minority group, white, male, heterosexual, married, christian, have a job and a pilot:ok:

I hope the government don't find out that they also trained me to kill at their direction some 37 years ago, if they do then I most certainly will not get (another) ASIC.

VT

J430
8th Nov 2005, 00:58
We all know what a NOTAM is and I assume we all know what a WOFTAM is....... ASIC=WOFTAM.

Crooks don't follow the law.

If you know you will not pass an ASIC, you will not apply, you will just Steall you Metro III fill er up and fly it full of whatever into something.

Its only the good guys that pay the penalty.....so what is new?

J:{