PDA

View Full Version : Sigmar Aviation / Alteon A320 Course

MrHorgy
6th Nov 2005, 20:07
http://alteon.sigmaraviation.com/alteon0.0.html

Do I read this right? You pay them £44,000 for a type rating and the pleasure of flying their aircraft free for 3 months? Or am I missing something?

Horgy

Penworth
6th Nov 2005, 20:29
That's pretty much how I read it. You can understand the sense in it from MYT's point of view, a supply of extra pilots during the busy summer months who they have no obligation of offering employment to come the end of October.

From the pilots point of view though its obviously a huge risk - wonder if Alteon have had many takers.....

mcand
6th Nov 2005, 23:14
What a scandal!

Is anyone really going to be mad enough to apply to this scheme? Paying 44k for your type rating and flying for free with no real job offer, not to mention the possible 60k debt a lot of young pilots will be in already.

If schemes like this are successful, it will become the norm for all young pilots to pay for such "luxuries"!

I think its a joke.

BlueVolta
7th Nov 2005, 12:18
Incredible, 3 months to complete Line Training (100hrs ie 33 Hrs per month)...
This is becoming real ripe off...
So aviation is becoming a big flying club but instead of flying a PA28 for 60£ per hour, you fly an A320 for 600£.:(

Fair_Weather_Flyer
7th Nov 2005, 17:47
£44,000 is just beyond belief. I mean, a 737 rating with line training can be had for less than £20,000 and that is still crazy money. Let's hope that nobody takes the offer up!