PDA

View Full Version : Lip light/headset mount

Devil 49
12th Aug 2001, 02:41
Any hints on mounting my NEW lip light on Dave Clark 13.4 headset?
Mike has no place for screw-mount ('universal mounting kit' on order...)
Suggestions on battery pack placement?
Looking forward to this after years of jamming my Mini-mag under the headset arch...

John Eacott
12th Aug 2001, 13:42
Use a small tyrap around the lip lite onto the mic, make sure that it's positioned so you can hit the on/off switch with your lip. Run the battery pack as high as you can on the top of the headset, although not very heavy, you'll soon notice the weight if it's offset one side or the other.

64av8or
12th Aug 2001, 19:23
Not sure on the shape of the DM mike but I've always found a small piece of velcro on the underside helps to hold the LL in place when switched on and off. The tie wrap is a sound alternative to the fitting kit.

The Nr Fairy
13th Aug 2001, 13:33
I was going to make a light-hearted comment, but curiosity got the better of me.

Can you describe a lip-light, and why you need one ? Also, where can you buy them ?

Devil 49
13th Aug 2001, 18:49
Nothing to do with lip stick...

A lip light (a/k/a mic light) is led unit approx 1" x 1/2" x 1/4", attaches to mic. Has a small push switch on this to activate, giving aircrew an unobtrusive and very useful supplementary light source for maps, etc. 2 AA cells power mine, approx 12" cord gives some latitude to where AA's go. Not a lot of real estate on a headset- all the others I've seen were on military headsets with articulated mic booms, and designed for that application.
I was a sceptic until I saw it in use.

helicoptersonly.com, or do a Google search, lots of sources.