PDA

View Full Version : Keep Cricket Free!

Hanse Cronje
6th Nov 2005, 17:57
Request to the Mod team....Pse keep this as a sticky.

Sky have now got its grips on cricket in England as Murdoch continues apace to monopolise all sports. What this means is no freeview cricket until AT LEAST 2010!

So sign the petition below and help stop an English tradition falling into the clutches of non-supporter, money orientated persons.........

Keep Cricket Free (http://www.keepcricketfree.com)

Mr Chips
7th Nov 2005, 00:04
There was no petition about rugby...

As far as I am concerned, if you want it - pay for it! That leaves the channels free for those of us who DON'T wantto watch the cricket...

(although I don't actually watch much BBC/ITV BUT THATS NOT THE POINT :E )

SmilingKnifed
7th Nov 2005, 02:07
Hanse, couldn't agree more. If the home countries want to produce the next Flintoff, Henson or Dalglish then kids need to be exposed to the heroes they may go on to emulate.

Marvin the Robot
7th Nov 2005, 06:44
if you want it - pay for it!
I thought that was why those in the UK either...

a - Payed out a compulsory TV license fee. (not that the "snug and comfy, steal yer money and call it legal" BBC are showing much cricket)

b - Sat through mind numbing ads which meant we felt utterly compelled to buy stuff, part of the profits from which went back to the TV companies.

So why are you suggesting we pay twice? :confused:

Lon More
7th Nov 2005, 06:55
The UK tv licence is compulsory, even if you only watch satellite tv.

Blacksheep
7th Nov 2005, 06:56
Why do they have adverts on Pay-TV? I thought we'd already paid for it... :sad:

SilentHandover
7th Nov 2005, 10:30
I'm I the only one who finds a poster by the name of Hansie Cronje criticising greed in cricket mildly ironic?????

Tricky Woo
7th Nov 2005, 10:43
Well, it had to happen one day. As cricket becomes more professional, and the stakes get higher, there needs to be a lot more money poured into the cricket (and that means payed TV viewing) in order to raise enough funds to pay the player's fines when they get caught taking back-handers to throw the game.

TW

ORAC
7th Nov 2005, 12:50
Surley that should be "bowl" the game, Mr Woo? They´d get warned for throwing surely? :cool: