PDA

View Full Version : Islands Nationalair PNG

Steve76
6th Nov 2005, 14:55
Hey Guys.

Anyone got an info/goss on this outfit in PNG?
Good, bad and the ugly requested.

I understand they run fixed wing and rotary wing ops.

Many thanks,
Steve

troppo
6th Nov 2005, 20:03
I might be wrong but...the fixed wing side has been on the decline...there was a photo on the front page of the Post Courier about 2 (?) months ago of their last 3 Bandits being prepared for shipping to South America somewhere. The article also said that they were concentrating on the rotary wing side.
Don't know if they still have the Baron and Twotter.
There used to be legendary parties at the compound in Boroko.

Steve76
7th Nov 2005, 07:12
Cheer Tropo. I will let you know about the parties...

...still single
7th Nov 2005, 09:24
...No more fixed wing, finished some time ago. Choppers only.

There are a number of professional operators of choppers in PNG. They are, in no particular order,
Pacific Helicoptors
Hevilift
Heli Nuigini

Em tasol:ok:

Woomera
7th Nov 2005, 10:07
It's Nationair - not Nationalair. Perhaps you need to do a little home work?

Has Hevilift changed owners or is it still C&L/JS&S? I see their Braz is long since gone.

Woomera

psycho joe
7th Nov 2005, 10:37
Hevilift has been taken over by RegionalAir but is operating under the name Hevilift. The Braz is operated by the Australian division, Regional Pacific Airlines.:ok:

Woomera
7th Nov 2005, 10:41
Including the Bell 206, 212 and Russian machines?

psycho joe
7th Nov 2005, 10:44
Yep, I believe it's around 6 Jetrangers 4 212's and 2 Mil 18's

S76,

IMHO if you're after challenging flying in well maintained aircraft then Hevilift are the cream of the crop. They're an expanding company with excellent maintenance, check & training, team environment and 4 week rotational tours.

Steve76
13th Nov 2005, 00:38
Thanks Psycho Joe.

I have all the challenging flying I need up here and was really just after a south pac job. These guys are offering and Hevilift and HeliN are not hiring.
My understanding is that JB and KF and the other longtimers left HL due to the management and disharmony. That makes HN the best company apparently...
Who knows? I guess if there is nothing bad said around here that they must be half reasonable.

Thanks very much for all the info lads.
Steve