PDA

View Full Version : Foreign Instructing

Jetstream_lover
6th Nov 2005, 11:56
Hi guys
I am Currently doing my JAA licence, and have been flying in Africa. I want to know if you do a flight instructors course in a JAA country, and armed with a EU passport where you can instruct out of the UK!?
Cheers guys

LEVC
6th Nov 2005, 23:13
France is a no go unless you speak french, know some people and don't mind waiting for up to 7 months dealing with the french CAA (DGAC) to get an answer from them, and that is personal experience.

In Spain there are very few jobs for FI's, it's virtually impossible to get one, although you might have a chance with BAE jerez as they only employ english speaking FI's,(now the school is called someting else i can't remember)

Italian job market is even worse than Spain

I am spanish myself and i have worked as FI in France and UK,so far and from my experience UK is the place to look for a job as FI.

Perhaps somebody will apport some more info on the situation in the other countries of the EU

Hope it helps

Good luck

:ok:

Jetstream_lover
8th Nov 2005, 13:56
Hi guys,
Surely someone must have a few more ideas, anyone instructed out of europe etc, wanting to instruct at some point for at least a year or two, so any ideas would be aprreciated!!
cheers

mampay
19th Nov 2005, 10:51
Hi LEVC,
I think we are more or less in the same situation.

Colleague, I am another Spanish flight instructor pilot and seen how difficult is to find a job in Spain, I am looking information to work wherever (UK, Malta, Irland).
I have been doing banner flights ( air advertising) around beaches of the costa del sol, but this job is seasonal, very risky and you can improve professionally.

I have 500 hr total of flight, but my problem is that I have restrictions as flight instructor, I flow only 20 hours as instructor and after I found the vacance doing banner flight.

Mate, please give me a hand and tell about your experience.

Thank you for everything what you could do, I will be very grateful.

George Semel
20th Nov 2005, 04:46
You could go to China, Beijing Pan Am is looking. If that floats your boat.