PDA

View Full Version : Heli Work

NeilB
30th Jan 2001, 01:54
OK I've studied long and hard and borrowed heaps to get me where I want to be, so now I need a job!!!
So do any of you well experienced guys out there know of any good countries to go to for a newly-qualified pilot? Am willing to travel anywhere in the world and do have ground-crewing experience, just want help in the next step!
Thanks Neil

SPS
30th Jan 2001, 15:07
Best of luck Neil.

MBJ
30th Jan 2001, 17:06
Best of luck - I take my hat off to you guys who pay your way to a licence. The Queen paid for mine and I'm very grateful.

How about North sea co-pilot for a bit?Always looks good on the CV although IMHO don't stay too long because you get typecast and onshore operators think you can't do anything else (with some justicfication!.. oops, there go a few more friends!)

[This message has been edited by MBJ (edited 30 January 2001).]

tech
30th Jan 2001, 23:25
To paraphrase PPRUNE : Canada big country
lots of aviation. It is tough to get a job with under 500 hours though. Be prepared to spend a year doing non-flying duties in order to get a spot on the line.

Almost forgot crappy pay to start.Remote locations, misquitoes, black flies ect.

Flaak de Flekta
30th Jan 2001, 23:41
Neil, from an anonymous source - CHC scotia who used to be Bond - are losing a number of pilots to the plank-wing fraternity this year which should free up a few slots in the North Sea. A good way to hours build and learn about icing!

NeilB
31st Jan 2001, 02:01
Hi, thnks for responding, will try the CHC thing and have considered the Canadian route, I worked in Scotland for 9 months so know a bit about the Mozzies!!

Any other advice would be greatly appreciated
Cheers
Neil