PDA

View Full Version : Airparks in NZ

Arclite01
5th Nov 2005, 16:46
Hi

Currently we are in the process of emigrating to NZ.

Luckily I am not limited to an area geographically but would prefer North Island for climate.

Does anyone know of any airparks in NZ where I might buy a section and build a house. I don't need huge paved runways - 500 metres of grass would be great.

Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated.

cheers

Arc

What time is ECT?
5th Nov 2005, 18:30
My favourites are Pauanui and Matarangi, both on the east coast of Coromandel and 30ish minutes from Auckland. I haven't been to Whitianga for a while, so am not up to date with the developments there.

Idea: why not find some beautiful real estate near the ocean with a nice climate and surf? Convince a developer to jump in and create a nice new airpark. Then you buy the properties while they are cheap, and sell them on later, thus paying for your own piece of paradise.

Maybe I'm dreaming...

ECT?

whiteknuckleairlines
5th Nov 2005, 19:29
ARC, the only airpark I'm really aware of in the same vein as the ones in the states is at North Shore Airfield about 35 minutes drive north of Auckland. I suggest you contact North Shore Aero Club about it. They have developed an area but I don't think anyone has built yet. It could be quite nice with palm trees being planted and a large stone entranceway etc.Not a bad area but not really paradise.

There is pauanui but I guess it is more likely to have pork at a jewish wedding than being able to get your hands on a house on the airstrip.

As for the North Island for climate....the weather is crap anywhere near Auckland....I would suggest Nelson at the tip of the South Island.

flyby_kiwi
5th Nov 2005, 19:52
I think youll find Whitianga on the Coromandel is the up an coming and last I heard there were still sites at the airfield avaliable. Development has yet to begin as I underderstand so its just empty sections at the moment. Good Luck.

MikeKnight
6th Nov 2005, 09:58
I seem to recall that there were plans to set up a residential airpark at Kaipara Flats. Did that go ahead?

Arclite01
6th Nov 2005, 14:01
Great stuff and really useful.

keep it coming guys.

Thanks

Arc

haughtney1
6th Nov 2005, 14:12
Whiteknuckle.....ummm the weather in Pauanui/Whitianga is not crap at all...(having spent 18yrs growing up there I've got a pretty good idea)
As for houses on the Airstrip at Pauanui..they come up for sale on a frequent basis.
Plus in Pauanui you've also got the established waterways.