PDA

View Full Version : Best Lads Weekend Away

Guern
5th Nov 2005, 17:43
Mrs Guern and some of her friends are hoping to get tickets to see Robbie Williams.

Guern & the other guys have been given a pass :D to go on a lads (well we are in our 30's!) trip at the same time (some time in June/July).

Any recommendations for a four or five day trip from the UK that is a bit different from the usual golf etc.

All suggestions gratefully received.

ex_matelot
5th Nov 2005, 17:53
Wadi-bashing in the Qatari desert in huge f**koff 4x4!!

SmilingKnifed
5th Nov 2005, 19:58
Amsterdam still has some interesting sights for the more discerning 30 something.

Guern
5th Nov 2005, 20:00
That would be the Tulips & Windmills I take it? ;)

WOuld you care to elaborate?

ex_matelot
5th Nov 2005, 20:14
I would further suggest...

A weekend of chav-bashing in Plymouth!

Dublin

and....Iceland!!

Avoid Amsters (full of Plymothian chavs on stag do's)If its hedonism you're after then..Czech Rep or Sopot in Poland.

Best ever run ashore in the mob was in Sopot,divs wimmin and change from a tenner after drinkin and s****in all night!

flapsforty
5th Nov 2005, 20:16
Amsterdam is deffo NOT a place for Lads outings.
Amsterdam is passe, done, finished and over with.
You got better hookers in Tallin, honest.
Amsterdam is boooooring for Lads.
Do go somewhere else.
Estland Letland and Lithuania for example. :ok:

I mean, there´s no tulips in July anyway, and seen one windmill, seen ´em all!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Heren, een beetje help om die kotsende zatlappen ergens anders naar toe te sturen?

Guern
5th Nov 2005, 20:18
Who told you Iceland was one of our options :confused: I only thought that hadn't told any one .

WIll google your other suggestions.

Keep the suggestions coming

Flaps curious as to how you know "You got better hookers in Tallin" :confused:

I don\'t remember mentioning hookers either ;)

Paris Dakar
5th Nov 2005, 20:32
Guern,

Save the money you'd spend on expensive flights, and come to Newcastle instead.

Good hotels and dozens of them, excellent nightlife, brilliant bars and clubs, and whats more................................Geordies are the most polite folk in the country!

Pack your thermals, feed the Huskies and head up north :)

Guern
5th Nov 2005, 20:40
One of our party is originally from Newcastle just texted him and he said "coals and taking to" . Though he might loose out as non of the rest of us have been there!

Keep the advice coming chaps we are looking for the ultimate lads weekend and bow dow to the encyclopedic knowledge of Pprune.

We know you guys won't let us down, we just hope the girls succeed in the quest for Robbie tickets next week.

Capt.KAOS
5th Nov 2005, 21:28
AMS visitors attention: due to new city regulations, pubs will be closed at midnight from Nov.1st. Visitors with the British nationality are not allowed to order alcoholic beverages from 6 PM.

maxman
5th Nov 2005, 21:29
Did a tour with this lot a couple of years ago. Great fun.
http://www.trailblazers-eu.com/home-page.htm

Or if your budget is a little bigger (I got there on the companies ticket). This is one not to miss.Two days on a dirt bike in Mexico.
http://www.letsatv.com/index.htm

yintsinmerite
5th Nov 2005, 22:15
I head of to Germany wiv' my band and play. Food good, beer good and of couse, music good

G-CPTN
5th Nov 2005, 22:29
If you're considering Newcastle, I'd just point out that for many years now there's been no 'red light' district, as you can't charge for what you can get for free down the Bigg Market . . .

http://www2.britishcouncil.org/ukinfocus-holiday-newcastle-night.htm
http://www.lastnightoffreedom.co.uk/locations/Stag_Nights_Newcastle.htm

Solid Rust Twotter
5th Nov 2005, 22:37
Mejuffrou Flaps

Stuur die kinders Kaap toe. Ons sal hulle vol wyn prop en terug huis toe stuur.:E :ok:

Die Kaap is nog Hollands...:ok:

Farrell
5th Nov 2005, 22:50
I don't know why, but for some reason I think that Lord Flash and his mates might be able to give you some pointers.
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a109/Noblelordflash/IMG_0640.jpg
(Hope you don't mind me copying the link sir)

Incipient Sinner
5th Nov 2005, 23:55
I agree with FlapsF,

The new Amsterdams are Riga and Tallin. From Talin you can have a nice day out in Helsinki too (cue Monty Python... FINLAND, FINLAND, FINLAND, it's the country for me...)

Chicks over there are lovely, keen too.

Marvin the Robot
6th Nov 2005, 10:15
Worrabout Prague?

Anyone know more?

Some crackin totty on them vid :uhoh: .........err, so I hear. ;)

enicalyth
6th Nov 2005, 11:51
Twotter zal u helpen om het correcte woord voor de jonge nakomelingen van een kat te kiezen. Afrikaans is verschillend.

O.K.. De rekening alstublieft?

En haal mijn overjas.

Lon More
6th Nov 2005, 12:00
You got better hookers in Tallin, honest

Hoe weet je dat, mevrouw?:confused:

Flash0710
6th Nov 2005, 12:07
NP Mr Farrell

Funnily enough that was AMS for Bendovers stag.

Ohhh the stories.....:)

Just don\'t forget your comedy breasts..........

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a109/Noblelordflash/IMG_0661.jpg

heh:E :E

F.

Champagne Anyone?
6th Nov 2005, 13:06
Prague.... Best Hotel ladies of the night in the world!!:ok: :ok:

SmilingKnifed
6th Nov 2005, 15:05
Of course I was talking about the culture (OK, I was actually just being a smartarse).

In seriousness I'd recommend either Riga (Latvia for the geographically challenged) or, closer to home, a weekend touring the distilleries of Islay.:ok:

Solid Rust Twotter
6th Nov 2005, 16:43
Mijnheer Thylacine

Ons sal maar die ding moet laat voort gaan. Praja klink soos 'n klomp pret.:ok:

G-CPTN
6th Nov 2005, 17:14
Hvad for fannen betyder det ski ords?

Capt.KAOS
6th Nov 2005, 18:01
Twotter, Zuidafrikaanse wijn is uitstekend, heb ik dit jaar ontdekt...

A-FLOOR
6th Nov 2005, 18:54
Avoid Amsters (full of Plymothian chavs on stag do's)Amsterdam is passe, done, finished and over with
Yes, spread the word... please! All British, Irish, American, Brazillian and Chinese: Don't come to Amsterdam! You'll hate it!

Please let us have our capital back... you're ruining it :sad: :E

tart1
6th Nov 2005, 18:58
Dublin was a fun weekend about 3 years ago.

They don't smoke in the pubs now do they?............which makes it even better IMHO. :rolleyes:

(Only bad bit was the flight with a well-known low-cost carrier, but hey, who cares about how you get there, as long as you arrive in one piece?)

Ozzy
6th Nov 2005, 21:36
How about Bermuda? Would be nice there at that time of year.

Ozzy

G-CPTN
6th Nov 2005, 21:42
Try Madeira M'Dears.

Mrs and me had a super long weekend in Prague near Easter. It was cold with snow (but we were prepared and wore our Danish winter clothes). Not too crowded (in fact not crowded at all). Cheap, excellent beer. Good varied restaurants.

African Tech Rep
6th Nov 2005, 21:54
It may have changed since I was there – but I concur with Prague

Good beer – nice girls – picturesque (so you can pretend to have got some culture)

And if you really don’t like it – it’s not that hard to get to the nice bit of Germany from there.

(oh - last time in Prauge they liked me cause I had Deutschemarks)

Blacksheep
7th Nov 2005, 04:31
One word.

Bangkok.

Lon More
7th Nov 2005, 06:57
One word. Bangkok

Actually that's two - and your spelling's wrong :}

Solid Rust Twotter
7th Nov 2005, 07:12
Kaptein KAOS

As U kans kry moet U probeer om 'n vakansie op 'n wynplaas te geniet. Ek het mooi niks onthou nie.:} :E

West Coast
7th Nov 2005, 16:29
Vegas baby, Vegas...

gingernut
7th Nov 2005, 17:54
Sun and sand in the surfing capital of England - Newquay., Cornwall. Surf all day- Rave all night