PDA

View Full Version : Easyjet flight

Carnethy
4th Nov 2005, 21:16
Does anyone one know what a/c easyjet use on the EDI to LGW route? Can get a return flight on the same day for £52 and was going to go & do some spotting on my week off!

ezyBoh
4th Nov 2005, 21:32
Hi Carnethy

Your flight will be on a new(ish) A319. Enjoy your flight and thank you for flying with the ORANGE brigade.

brian_dromey
4th Nov 2005, 22:05
EZY people are not going to like this, I appologise in advance, also please bear in mind that I comment only on the LGW crew as this is the only easyJet base I have flown into.

The flight crews are fine, the landings were a bit on the 'firm' side, though. I feared for my life on board the A319s, I felt really unsure of the aircraft and the crew. The cabin crew were just going through the motions, laughing through the safety demo and talking among themselves. They really did not want to be there.

The black bin liners on the seats shocked me and made me doubt the maintainance standards. This was the first rotation of the day, no excuse for a less than immaculate cabin. I think those awful 'casual uniforms' form a bad impression also.

So much so that I could never, ever face to fly with EasyJet unless it was a real emergency, and everyone else was full.

Can anyone put my fears at rest, or have similar experiences? Is this only a LGW thing?

Thanks,
Brian Dromey

Stone Cold
4th Nov 2005, 22:51
The A319's are pretty much brand new as for the firm landing your not supposed to grease a jet onto the runway, the technique is to make them for a better word a positive landing but it also depends on the weather conditons, if there was a stiff cross wind then it's better to make a firm landing rather than play around trying to kiss the runway.

As for maintance standards and crew training Easyjet has some of the highest standards in the industry.

The downside is as you pointed out the uniform for the cabin crew is awful!

firstchoice7e7
4th Nov 2005, 22:55
Flew A319 as a passenger LGW-CGN-LGW in july, brilliant landings and take offs, cabin crew professional throughout. Have flown them numerous times before and always had the same experience.

Jordan D
5th Nov 2005, 08:32
Regarding EDI-LON routes, why is the EDI-LTN always served by the 737-300s (always, as in every time I fly the route)?

Jordan

Kestrel_909
5th Nov 2005, 09:03
Jordan,

Looking at some of the times, EDI-LTN appears to be operated by an EDI based aircraft, and I believe both Edinburgh and Glasgow are -300 bases.

StephenM_SMC
5th Nov 2005, 09:48
I found the A319's quite nice. I few NOC-LGW-NOC (G-EZYO/G-EZIT) and both the crew were all very nice and friendly. Comfortable landings aswell as inflight. You could tell the Captain was proud of his "Shiny new Airbus 3-19" :D

Getoutofmygalley
5th Nov 2005, 12:29
EZY people are not going to like this

Brian, re: your posting

Being LGW ezy crew myself, I can assure you that if your flight was as quoted, this would be the exception rather than the rule.

All Cabin Crew are fully aware if the importance of carrying out the safety demonstration to company standard, and if a crew member does lark about, they get very severely reprimanded. LGW is probably one of the strictest easyJet bases on the whole network, therefore I do find it hard to believe that the crew were acting in the way that you describe. In all the time I have been with easyJet, I have only ever met one or two people who have in my opinion not been acting in an appropriate manner - and they have always been chewed out by the purser of the day.

With regards to black bin-liners on seats - I also find this very hard to believe as easyJet do not use black bin-liners (especially not as seat covers! :) ) we only use orange coloured bin-liners.

If you really did 'fear for your life', I do hope that you took time to write in to easyJet via the website to pass on your fears so that they could be put to rest, and are not just scaremongering via pprune!

Manual Braking
5th Nov 2005, 18:57
Hi Jordan,

As a flight dispatcher for EZY at EDI i can confirm that the EDI based aircraft are B733- usually G-IGOP, OS, OK, G-EZYP, YM. They fly routes to BFS, AMS, STN as well as LTN. LTN crews operate a LTN-EDI-LTN using their B737-700's. I believe EDI is going to go Airbus next summer.

As for the Gatwick crews (flight & cabin), i have found them as professional and able as any other. Mass & Balance for the pilots is straightforward, with raw data being fed into a laptop that computes the figures for the FMGS. The touch screen display gives the cabin crew more info than they know what to do with (eg. a pictorial representation of how much waste is in the toilets!!)

MB

brian_dromey
6th Nov 2005, 20:26
I can assure you that there were black bin liners on some of the seats. I'm sure you can understand that it creates a bad impression, never having flown esyJet before? The other main factor, mechanically speaking was the crew info screen. A fault popped up about once every fifteen minutes. Generally the rear toilets and some lights, I think, again not a good impression.The crews were, for the most part, lovely people, just poorly tranied. It struck me as if easyJet dont supply their people with the tools to serve passengers in the best way possible?

I can tell the differnece between a positive connection and a hard landing. A severe jolt and a second connection with the pavement is not a positive connection, in my opinion. Neither am I scare mongering, just trying to establish if this is the norm as U2, or did we just get unlucky on our trip?

I do appologise if the earlier post sounded as an attack on U2 people, it was intendeed as a commentary/questioning of easyJets support for its crews and passengers.

Apologises for any personal offence taken
Brian Dromey.

Buster the Bear
6th Nov 2005, 21:58
I am a little confussed?

I quote from the leading post: "just poorly tranied."

A sex change gone wrong?

Goodness only knows what was in the black bin bags!

Firm Touchdown
6th Nov 2005, 22:45
Foolish to even think you know about the quality of training in easyJet.

If you were to ask the CAA, I am reliably informed that they would tell a very different story. easyJet training is some of the best in the industry.

If you judge the safety and standards of an airlines operation from just the landing, then you clearly know f**k all about commercial aviation.

And the bin liners? likely that the passenger on the previos flight could not hold their bladder. I suppose that is the crews fault too!

Uniforms, yep terrible. Hope they change soon.

Getoutofmygalley
7th Nov 2005, 12:56
A fault popped up about once every fifteen minutes. Generally the rear toilets and some lights

So you stood there staring at the FAP panel, analyzing the information on it did you? The screen that popped up every fifteen minutes would have been the waste water page, so that the crew can keep check on how much sh1t the passengers were generating (some of which has spilled onto this thread!).

And if the rear toilets were faulty (your sentences don't appear to explain correctly what the problem was) - this would have been caused by a passenger probably flushing something down the toilet that shouldn't have been resulting in a blockage. Unfortunately, toilet problems can not be fixed in the air!

If a toilet was faulty at the start of the day, engineers would have been called to fix the problem BEFORE passengers were allowed onto the aircraft.

In your original thread (there was no need for you to start a new one in the same name) you state that the aircraft was on its first rotation - again I state that I do not believe there were black binliners on the seats, because engineers would have replaced any soiled seat covers over night. Unfortunately the fare paying passengers seem to love creating a mess in the cabin, thinking the cabin crew are their personal slaves to pick up all the crap that they leave behind. If the cabin was less than immaculate (which I doubt), it would have been the previous passengers that you should blame!

I can tell the differnece between a positive connection and a hard landing. A severe jolt and a second connection with the pavement is not a positive connection

Do you know the conditions of the runway that the aircraft was landing at? What was the weather conditions at the time? Was the runway in any way contaminated? Were there crosswinds on the landing runway?

And finally, I must say, it is amazing how you have in both of your threads come to the conclusion that LGW cabin crew and flight crews are not safe and aircraft are not properly maintained from having only ever done 1 flight with ezy! Honestly, next we will be reading a comment of yours in a newspaper "I feared for my life as aircraft came to a screaching, shuddering hault on the pavement having narrowly missed a school, hospital and old folks home" :yuk: As I said before on your previous thread, I do hope you took the time to contact easyJet via their web site and are not just spouting rubbish on here!

Rick Binson
7th Nov 2005, 13:49
Do you get the impression Brian isn't quite as naeive as he lets on?

Do most SLF know who "U2" are etc etc....

Getoutofmygalley
7th Nov 2005, 15:23
That's why I accused him of scaremongering on his last thread and said that I hope he contacted easyJet instead of just spouting rubbish on here!

easyJet boarding cards issued at LGW, ORK and EDI do NOT quote the code U2, they all have the flight prefixed as EZY701 etc.

JetSetWilly 2
7th Nov 2005, 20:04
Sorry Brian. I can also confirm that orange bin bags are the order of the day.

First flyer with EZY but know the airline code is U2???

Hmmm.

:confused: :confused: :confused:

brian_dromey
8th Nov 2005, 13:51
Ok this is my final post on this matter, and it is just to clear up a few matters.

1. U2 is EasyJets' IATA code, its not exactly classified information about the company, it is widely available.

2. I am not, nor was I ever, employed by easyJet, any affifliated or associated companies. My knowlage of easyJet and the industry at large has been gained from Magazines, Websites, etc.

3. The crew info screens were the only form of entertainemnt provided on board. It was a case of watch this or listen to the converationas of the crew members in the Jump Seats in fromt of me.(I selected row 1, seat C). These begain their fault display while we were still climbing, the CC were still strapped in.

4. The flight crew on both sectors (I have had more than one U2 experience) did not feel the need to inform their pax of the runway condtions at LGW or ORK.

5. It is my opinion that CC serve as ambassadors to their airline. They owe it to themselves to treat pax as people not SLF as one submitter put it. It is this atitude that permutates through easyJet and the company oews to their hard working staff to train them properly, and give them a decent uniform, if easyjet fited the aircraft with practical leather the bin bags would be consigned to teh dust bin-where they belong.

I have never, in my writings on this forum, lied or misled those reading the post. This was my genuine experience of easyJet, I meerly wished to identify if this experiencewas the exception rather than the rule.

Once agian I offer my appologies for any personal offence caused.
Brian Dromey.

Getoutofmygalley
8th Nov 2005, 14:47
Once again, I will reiterate, the information that you was looking at on the FAP panel would not have been indicitive of a fault. The FAP informs you periodically of the status of the water/waste system. Quite often on take off and landing this page will just pop up because the tanks are not at the horizontal level that they would be on the ground (or in the air), so the computer system will be alerting you that the tanks need emptying when in fact they don't.

As you say, the flight crew do not need to inform the pax of the runway conditions at either LGW or ORK - so you should not automatically assume that the flight crews landings were at fault. Over the last few weeks, landing and taking off from LGW has at times been rather 'interesting' with crosswinds on the runway. I bet if you was to fly into LGW with any other airline on the same day, you would have experienced a similar landing. Don't forget, pilots are supposed to make 'positive contact' with the runway surface, floating down the runway during the landing flare is not how they are supposed to do it.

I agree with you that cabin crew serve as ambassadors to the airline (the same can be said for check in and gate agents), but I will stress here (hopefully for the last time) that the LGW crew are bloody fantastic. The crew do care about the passengers and do want to provide them with the best service that they can. Over the last few weeks I have had the misfortune to operate on several flights that have been quite considerably delayed (some due to wx conditions and others due to tech problems with aircraft from other bases). The pax have come onboard the aircraft in absolutely foul moods, but by the time we have got them to their destinations, they have been our best friends - that is how good my colleagues at easyJet LGW are!

I realise you didn't want to cause personal offense to anyone at easyJet LGW, but I really do love my job and I always try to provide the best possible service that I can to my passengers - and I know that everyone at LGW also tries to provide the best service that they can also. :D