PDA

View Full Version : Party animal

panda-k-bear
4th Nov 2005, 20:54
15 years ago; nay 10 years ago even, at this time on a Friday night, life would not have even begun for me yet. I'd be in a pub with mates with various young ladies tagging along before moving on to a club and having a fun time til the early hours of the morning before heading home with a girlie or heading back to her place - perhaps via a kebab shop (depending how much beer had been consumed). The young ladies would have been swiggin Bacardi and coke or Malibu and pineapple - perhaps cautiously trying out one of the very first alcopops (remeber when Two Dogs alcoholic lemonade was imported from dunnunda? Followed by Hooch? Sophisticated girls drank orange Hooch!). Now here I am, Pruning on a Friday night...

What's happened to me?!

Am I sad now, or was I sad then? :8

SyllogismCheck
4th Nov 2005, 21:03
Perhaps neither, one or the other, maybe even both. I was doing much the same 10 years ago, almost 15 years ago too.

I've grown wiser though and don't go out till after 10pm now. ;)

colmac747
4th Nov 2005, 21:13
I just get an 8-pack now and kid on i'm out for the night:{

panda-k-bear
4th Nov 2005, 21:16
Maybe a more interesting question is what were you doing 10, 15, 20, 25 years ago on a Friday night? What did your idea of a good time used to be?

SyllogismCheck
4th Nov 2005, 21:57
It hasn't changed much for me really. Wine, women and song. It's generally considered best if I refrain from the song part mind you.

I will admit though that I do sometimes just pass over my Friday night plans and save it all up for Saturday night instead. Tonight being one of those occasionas on which I'm tempted. It's miserable out, I have music, the laptop on the arm of the sofa to distract, a good bottle of wine to finish from dinner, an assortment of other interesting drinks should the need arise and the 'girl from down the road' will most likely knock on her way past back to her place if I don't show up out and about anyway.

Why would I want to go anywhere? :ok:

tart1
4th Nov 2005, 22:57
Save the partying for Saturday usually.

I've been out and played tennis for a couple of hours, had a fish and chip supper at the tennis club and now I'm home winding down with a glass of two of red and looking at pprune before turning in.

What could be better?? :D

Farrell
4th Nov 2005, 23:30
What could be better??

I could be there!!!!:{

Ozzy
5th Nov 2005, 00:57
Japanese food, lashings of wine, movies, bed, and a shag...:E

Ozzy

Jerricho
5th Nov 2005, 01:09
In that order?????

ThreadBaron
5th Nov 2005, 13:16
Wine, women and song. It's generally considered best if I refrain from the song part mind you.
And I've given up the women...other than the Baroness. So all I can do is sit here and whine about it.