PDA

View Full Version : Lateral thinking

Ozzy
4th Nov 2005, 17:51
Easy one to start off with:

Robert Bradley is a lucky man indeed. He is only 29 and works for an important corporation with offices all over the world. Robert travels extensively, always first-class, staying at the best hotels. He does not buy or sell anything and yet is in close contact with important business people and even royalty. When he speaks, everyone listens with undivided attention. Arriving at his destination, he spends his time at the swimming pool, if he is not out shopping. After a day or two, he leaves, without having concluded any business.

Explain.

Ozzy

I.R.PIRATE
4th Nov 2005, 17:52
Is he a driver of the corporate jet type?

Just kidding. How did you know my name?

G-CPTN
4th Nov 2005, 18:00
http://www.robertbradleymusic.com/

Ozzy
4th Nov 2005, 18:10
Close Mr Pirate, but, the answer is below:

Robert Bradley is chief steward in the first-class section, working for a world-famous airline.

Who wants to do the next one?

Ozzy

I.R.PIRATE
4th Nov 2005, 18:14
send it....ready

Ozzy
4th Nov 2005, 18:15
I was offering to let someone else provide one. But since ye asked:

Tim Shaw, a pilot for eighteen years, had an outstanding safety record. One afternoon he was trying to land a British Airways 757. Visibility was good in spite of a slight snow flurry. he was easing the plane gently down towards the runway when it happened. it appeared that Tim had throttled back too early and the plane, one of the safest in service, stalled and crash-landed. Although no-one was hurt, the accident was clearly due to pilot error, and in spite of this blemish on his record, his career remained unaffected. How was this possible, considering the stringent safety measures applied by all international airlines?

Ozzy

I.R.PIRATE
4th Nov 2005, 18:23
So sorry, just being bored and all....
Sim ride?

Ozzy
4th Nov 2005, 18:28
Yep. Tim had served in the Royal Airforce for eighteen years and, after leaving, had decided to apply for a position as a commercial airline pilot. He had been training in a 757 flight simulator, and went on to become a fully-fledged pilot. Duh!

Ozzy