PDA

View Full Version : The most irritating sound in the world

I.R.PIRATE
4th Nov 2005, 17:25
What is the most irritating sound in the world...?

Grinder?

Whooop Whoop Pull up?

tart1
4th Nov 2005, 17:27
Nails being scraped down blackboard.

An unanswered phone ringing on and on. :mad:

tony draper
4th Nov 2005, 17:28
Car/Burglar alarms.and the silly tw*ts that do not set them as one obliged by law, to switch off after sounding for twenty minutes.
:suspect:

colmac747
4th Nov 2005, 17:29
My next door neighbours feckin wind chimes...

........fat cow.....

:mad:

Jerricho
4th Nov 2005, 17:29
Come on..........you can guess my answer.

tart1
4th Nov 2005, 17:30
I can see you get on well with your neighbour Colmac. :rolleyes:

Solid Rust Twotter
4th Nov 2005, 17:33
Whistles

Got rousted, messed around and generally run into the ground to the accompaniment of whistles in the army. Anyone using one around me now is likely to recover it the next day only by purchasing a pair of rubber gloves and scratching around for it in the karzi. :* :mad:

I.R.PIRATE
4th Nov 2005, 17:35
The incessant whine of 105mm rockets, waking me up a few nights per month

360BakTrak
4th Nov 2005, 17:47
The wife.........:{

Farmer 1
4th Nov 2005, 17:51
Thump thump thump THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP MEEIIOWWWWWWWwwwwwww THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP thump thump thump.

effortless
4th Nov 2005, 18:07
Modern police / ambulance, yank type sirens, they seem to be designed to make me feel agressive and I find myself sympathising with the stoning crowds. The local fire- engines don't seem to use them and I don't get the same feelings at all. Bring back the bells I say. :* :*

Standard Noise
4th Nov 2005, 18:37
I'm with Jer on this one, gotta be the dulcet tones of one's MIL.:{

Farrell
4th Nov 2005, 19:04
The synthesised woman on the Jungle Jet.....

"Bing! Take Off ..... OK"

"Bing! Take Off Flaps. Take Off Trim"

"Bing! Autopilot, autopilot"

You'll notice that "Approaching Minimums", "Minimums" and the altitude countdown is done by a bloke - because we'll all listen to a bloke!:E

Another pet hate was the 'terribly British' accented "T6NL" on the Hawk......not that hearing it any accent is pleasant though!:p

DeBurcs
4th Nov 2005, 19:35
You been watching crash videos on pprune recently, Farrell??

Farrell
4th Nov 2005, 19:42
yep, you hardly think that they'd let me near one of those things do you?

flapsforty
4th Nov 2005, 19:50
The 84rth pax with utterly indifferent bovine look on face saying:

"Oh... was that the call bell?"

:*

Capn Notarious
4th Nov 2005, 19:52
FIREWORKS

Taildragger55
4th Nov 2005, 19:58
Robbie Williams

Thumping base sounds from yob cars

Lon More
4th Nov 2005, 20:00
Thumping base sounds from yob cars unless it's thumping against the wall :O

Loki
4th Nov 2005, 21:18
Bloody stupid novelty ring tones on moron`s mobile `phones.

panda-k-bear
4th Nov 2005, 21:39
The most irritating noise I ever heard was the noise of the girl we shared a house with at University - 3 lads and her, all on an engineering degree course. She sneakily moved her boyfriend in slowly but surely. He was working, we were all poor student types and he wasn't contributing to our bills or anything. Oooh, still get wound up about that many years later.

Anyway, the annoying noise was said girl who, whilst having, ahem, pleasurable fun, ahem, with her boyfriend would go "ah!". On every single stroke. And the walls - and floor - were paper thin so we could ALL hear her. :yuk:

A-FLOOR
4th Nov 2005, 21:46
panda-k-bear: Jealous? :E

panda-k-bear
4th Nov 2005, 21:48
If you'd seen her, you wouldn't be asking that question. She was not what you would call "attractive" nor what you would call "feminine". Put it this way - I'd crawl over her to get to Jo Brand or Rosanne Barr.

So no, not really.

aged
4th Nov 2005, 22:34
Mobile phones in restaurants and on trains (not that I ever go on trains)

The now old car alarms that have 4 or 5 different tones one after the other, carefully selected for a burglar near you. And they only go off outside hotels in big cities between 3 and 5am

"What are you thinking?" - you know you'll never get the answer right, motorbikes or planes never seems to hit the spot somehow

SyllogismCheck
4th Nov 2005, 22:45
"Time at the bar....."

:rolleyes:

redsnail
5th Nov 2005, 00:33
The alarm at 3am... :ugh:

mooguy
5th Nov 2005, 02:42
My husband farting so loud in bed, that it wakes me up even with earplugs in, very, very scary!!!

Clare Prop
5th Nov 2005, 04:30
The sound of two stroke motorbikes make me feel like putting piano wire across their path.

:mad: :mad: :mad:

DeBurcs
5th Nov 2005, 07:17
The most irritating sound in the worldHow about....... :

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH............!!!!!

-courtesy of Lloyd Christmas.

UniFoxOs
5th Nov 2005, 10:40
Continually barking dogs.

smile
5th Nov 2005, 10:59
My mobile phone on 'reserve days'

ring ring "this is Mike from crewing. We have a duty for you..."

Rainboe
5th Nov 2005, 12:04
An unbelievably awful sound is the noise of someone eating an apple close to your ears. Not loud, but it has to be one of the worst sounds....especially as made by my ex-wife.....long gone....unlamented.