PDA

View Full Version : Airship ???????

PANDAMATENGA
4th Nov 2005, 13:21
Has an Airship just passed over London in the last 30 mins?
From my office near LHR have just seen a large black/grey shape in the distance I guess over London but was too far to identify. Was moving North-South very slowly and certainly not a plane/birds/clouds.

stue
4th Nov 2005, 13:28
large black/grey shape in the distance

wasnt a cloud was it?? lots of large black/gray ones up here, blo:mad: dy awful morning!

:E

airship
4th Nov 2005, 13:32
Must be a very fast airship. At the time of writing, I'm on the Côte d'Azur... :E

Hehe! Fame at last...

PANDAMATENGA
4th Nov 2005, 13:36
Thanks for that Stue!!!!!!

I did say "certainly not a cloud". Some ten of us looking were quite sure of that. Clouds tend to dissipate this kept its shape.

I thought if it was manmade then someone from ATC would have commented as it is I will have to assume it is Armageddon and that "they" have landed.

Cheers anyway

stue
4th Nov 2005, 13:39
Sorry mate, im bored at work!:p
I dont get out much!:D :D

If "they" have landed, send them up here, it will brighten up my day:}

Epsilon minus
4th Nov 2005, 13:46
Crickey!
Not the bloody zepplins again
:confused:

Airbubba
4th Nov 2005, 13:53
It might be these guys:

http://www.pi-inthesky.com/site3/

fly bhoy
4th Nov 2005, 14:45
It was some sort of massive flag or banner being towed behind what looked like a heli. Not too sure what it was advertising, our binoculars aren't that good!!!!:}

FB:ok:

PANDAMATENGA
4th Nov 2005, 14:54
Thank you FluBhoy

I thought I was losing my marbles!!

I have just seen it going back in the opposite direction and was still mystified.

Biggles Flies Undone
4th Nov 2005, 15:21
It was hanging just east of Liverpool Street advertising some financial institution. Rather the pilot than me!

African Tech Rep
4th Nov 2005, 15:22
Careful – you may get a visit from some very nice men explaining you DID NOT see what you thought you saw.

They’ll be busy considering where you are – so they will want to persuade you QUICKLY.

G-CPTN
4th Nov 2005, 15:27
>Careful – you may get a visit from some very nice men explaining you DID NOT see what you thought you saw.

Colonel Blimp I presume.

gdnhalley
4th Nov 2005, 18:46
We saw object about 1300 leaving LCY, asked thames radar and they found out it was a banner being towing by a helicopter, with groundspeed about 20 knots. (Bloody big banner)
gdn